Chapter 3

The palace is a very nice place!

"Greetings to you, guests. I am butler Vic, the head butler of the palace." Butler Vic stated with a proud tone on his voice. Father and I greeted him as well with respect and admiration. Butler Vic is a very strong and humble man and people could actually see that from the way he is postured and the way he talks.

With the introduction set aside, we followed butler Vic while admiring the ethereal views of the palace. My eyes shimmered in excitement and could only travel my gaze anywhere from time to time. There were a lot of amazing locations at the palace. I specially loved the palace garden for it's beauty in nature and the fresh air you can feel there. My father, I think, loves the training ground cause I totally saw how his eyes glimmered and how his mouth slightly curved upwards with the view of the knights and guards training. The palace is such a wonderful and nice place!

"Butler Vic?" Suddenly, a voice from behind us called the respected butler. I cautiously turned around and was shocked at whom I saw. Hair black as an ebony and eyes like the finest silver was currently staring at us in curiosity. My eyes immediately sparkled in recognition and my heart started beating wildly at the picturesque young man in front of me. He was none other than the crown prince of the Flynkilton Kingdom, William Flynkilton. A handsome capture target from the game and one of the male leads in the novel! What a handsome sight to see!

"Yes, your highness?" Butler Vic responded with a tone not too meek nor too overbearing. He was currently wearing the facade of an extremely obedient butler that I actually admired him a lot more. William glanced at us in curiosity and humbly asked the butler for our identities.

"These are the guests that lady Kahlia had invited, your highness." Butler Vic stated and gestured for us to come and greet his highness. My father bowed and I obviously curtsied since curtsying in front of a royal is an act out of courtesy.

"Glory and praise to the Flynkilton Kingdom, greetings to you, your highness. I am Ronald Mayers," My father respectfully pointed to himself and introduced himself while bowing, he turned to me and I immediately understood what he meant, "Glory and praise to the Flynkilton Kingdom, a pleasure to meet you, your highness. I am Carlita Mayers." I finished with a humble smile, concealing the obvious excitement.

William nodded his head and smiled, "I see both of you are the guests. Greetings, to the both of you." He gracefully delivered a very heartwarming smile that my cheeks actually became redder. I gulped and lowered my head, fearing that they might see my embarrassing state. Ahhh, why are male leads so handsome!?

"Butler Vic, I'm trusting for you to work hard to appease our guests." William commanded with a slightly stern voice and I admiringly stared at his face, almost feeling like an idiot. Butler Vic reassured the prince in a humble way, "Of course, your highness. This butler won't let his highnesses down." He bowed.

"Well then, I expect for the guests to get pleased. The palace is a wonderful place, no?" William asked and I immediately responded with a very friendly grin, "The palace is a wonderful place, your highness! It's my favourite!" I exclaimed in happiness while William delivered one of his popular and warm smiles. "Same." He gently replied.

"Well, I should probably get going. It was nice meeting our guests. A sincere farewell to all of you." William bid a goodbye and went to who knows where. While looking at his retreating figure, I felt my heart finally composing and relaxing. My flushed face recovered its natural tone.