one. the party

sarah's pov

walking into the shared apartment, the smell of something rotting immediately greeted me. i pushed the door fully open, revealing paige and sophie spread out on the white couch, watching a movie on disney plus. "um, where's clara?" i asked, dropped my keys on the kitchen island and opening the fridge, grabbing my half full mango dragonfruit refresher from starbucks earlier that morning. "she's shitting." sophie answered, earning a laugh from paige and i.

my best friends and i all packed up our childhoods and moved from houston, texas to los angeles, california, wanting you get a jump start at our careers. our past begins in kindergarten, when me, sophie, and paige first met. the three of us were in the same class & our teacher made a stupid decision to let us sit together for the whole year. we didn't meet clara until she switched schools to our public school in third grade. as soon as we saw her that day at recess by herself, we made an attempt to talk to her, and i'm so glad we did because she's just as pyscho as the rest of us.

growing up, we all wanted different things for ourselves. my whole life, i've always wanted to be a photographer. for my eleventh birthday, my dad got me a brand new canon camera. little did he know how much that one gift would change my life.

after that, i took pictures of everything. it started off with just random plants i would see in the garden in our back yard, then to my friends on their birthdays or special occasions, and eventually, for sporting events at our high school.

but, obviously we all have different futures. paige has been modeling since she was four, and is now training to be a victoria's secret angel. clara has an amazing voice and is trying to get picked up by a label. and sophie has been dancing since she could walk.

once it came time to graduation, we all knew what we wanted in life, but also knew we needed each other in our futures. with that being said, at eighteen, we packed up our lives and made the move all the way out here.

i shook my head and walked over to the couch, sitting next to sophie, realizing they were watching the game plan. "paige!" clara screamed from my room. wait a damn minute. why the fuck is she in my bathroom.

"what!" paige shouted back, picking up the remote and pausing the movie. "do you know where the febreeze is? i just blew up sarah's bathroom and i don't want her to know- oh fuck." clara exclaimed as she walked out of my room, stopping dead in her tracks when she saw me.

"i'm going to beat your ass." i calmly said. she laughed and walked over to us, sitting in between us. "you shit in my bathroom last week so shut the fuck up. i just had to get it out before we all started getting ready for tonight." she responded.

"what's tonight?" paige questioned as she scrolled through her phone, not taking her eyes off of the screen. "matthew espinosa is having a kick back." clara explained. "apparently a bunch of old viners and youtubers are going to be there."

"that's sounds boring as fuck." sophie spat, making me laugh. "yeah, i don't feel like being around those guys." paige added, her eyes still glued to her phone. "if y'all go, i'll buy y'all white claws and smirnoffs." clara offered. "well, what the fuck are we doing. let's get ready bitches." paige said, jumping off the couch and making her way into her room, the three of us copying her actions.

after two hours of perfecting our makeup, arguing over who is wearing what, and not knowing what to do with our hair, we were all finally ready. paige and i were sitting on the kitchen island, scrolling through different snapchat stories when clara and sophie busted from their rooms. "i don't know about y'all but i look fine as fuck!" clara shouted, walking over to the body length mirror in the living room and posing in front of it, facing her camera on snapchat on her reflection.