two. chocolate milk

paige's pov.

it's currently five a.m. and i just now was able to drag clara and sophie our of there. after sarah left, i tried to find them to say that we wouldn't be staying much longer, but i couldn't find their bitch asses anywhere.

turns out, sophie was upstairs with cameron and clara was smoking with johnson and his friends out back. smart.

i pulled up to our apartment building and put my car in park, sighing as i turned off the engine. "okay, get out." i mumbled, opening my door, but noticing it was dead silent in the back seat.

i turned around in the chair and saw the two of them passed out. "wake the fuck up." i yelled, hitting the seats to wake them up. sophie's eyes twitched and clara jumped up, hitting her head on the window in the process.

"shit." she cursed, holding her hand against her forehead. i laughed and watched sophie wake up, not saying a word as she unbuckled her seat belt and climbed out of the car.

the three of us made our way through the building, having to stop at the lobby bathroom so sophie could throw up. once we made it to our apartment, i unlocked the door and let the two far from sober girls walk in before me.

"wait, where the fuck is sarah?" clara asked, walking over to the fridge and looking for a snack. "she went home with shawn mendes." i said, hearing sophie laugh from her bedroom. "how the fuck did she pull shawn mendes?" sophie yelled. clara and i laughed from her comment.

"the best part is i don't even think she realizes who she's actually with." i laughed, shaking my head as i walked into my room. i heard footsteps following me, seeing clara come in with me as i opened one of my dresser drawers. she jumped on my bed, laying on her back as she waited for me to explain.

"what do you mean she doesn't realize?" she questioned. i took off my skirt and slipped on a pair of lulu shorts, not even bothering changing my shirt. "she doesn't really know any popular music. like i genuinely don't think she knows what shawn does. what he's famous for."

"how could she not know who shawn mendes is? he's fucking everywhere, especially in la." sophie commented as she walked into my room and joined clara on my bed.

i shrugged and walked into me and sophie's shared bathroom. i grabbed a makeup wipe from the small, purple package and started wiping my face. "i don't know, dude. you know how oblivious sarah can be sometimes." i added, hearing the two of them laugh. "true."

sophie's pov.

waking up that morning was a pain in the ass. i grabbed my phone from the side table and looked at my notifications, seeing cameron had texted me multiple times this morning. leave me the fuck alone, holy shit.

three months ago, i just got out of a relationship with this guy named matthew, aka blackbear. ever since then, i've kind of just been fucking around, but also being age about it.

bear and i's break up hit me hard. we had been secretly seeing each other for about seven months, until a rumor went around that he had a whole girlfriend and a baby. when i asked him about the so called rumor, he confessed everything. he asked me to forgive him, but i just couldn't. not when i knew he had a family.

i never told the girls about him. yeah, they knew i had been seeing someone, but when they asked about it, i just kinda brushed off the conversation. i didn't want them to know i was with someone older than us.

during our sophomore year of high school, i was seeing this guy named evan. when i first met him, he was just a smoking buddy, but once i starting spending more time with him, i may have caught feelings.

so, we started dating. when people started finding about it, rumors started flying like crazy. "she's such a slut" and "just fucking him for clout" were things i heard on the daily. eventually, my parents found out and they were pissed. they told me i either break up with him or move out. so i left.

i moved in with evan to his apartment near his campus, still close enough to my school. the girls liked him at first, but when they found out i living with him, not so much. clara tried to get me to come live with her, but i would always just shut her offer down.

beginning of junior year, i found out he was fucking this senior girl at my school. i walked in on them. when i did, he told me to get the fuck out. i left immediately and when i did, i didn't go back, not even to get any of my things.

ever since then, every time i have a thing with an older guy, the girls flip. if they were to find out about bear, i would never hear the end of it.

i climbed out of bed and opened my door, revealing clara spread across the couch, watching girls incarcerated.

"where's paige?" i asked, moving into the kitchen and opening the pantry door. "she had a shoot she had to be at early." she replied. i nodded and looked over everything in the pantry, seeing a bag of white cheddar popcorn on the shelf. i grabbed the black bag and shut the door, walking over to the couch and sitting next to clara.

"we have to be at the house later at four for a house meeting." she said, causing me to nod my head in response.

sarah's pov.

i woke up to the smell something burning, but also a good kind of burning smell. i sat up and looked around, seeing myself only wearing a big black t-shirt in shawn's bed. i laughed to myself and threw my feet over the edge of the bed, standing up and walking towards the door.

i walked down the white stone tiled hallway, falling the burning smell into the kitchen. turning the corner, i found shawn standing by the stove, wearing nothing but grey sweatpants. 

i walked over to him, standing next to him and watching as he stirred the eggs in the pan. "i don't know if you noticed, but i think you burnt something." i joked, laughing as he looked down at me next to him and smiled, shaking his head.

"sorry i'm not a professional chef." he said laughing. i walked over to his fridge, pulling the steel doors open and grabbing the gallon of milk and chocolate syrup.

"you know, i've never actually made chocolate milk." he informed me, my head shooting up and staring at him in disbelief as he looked up at me. "you're fucking lying?" i asked, my mouth wide open. he shook his head and glanced back down to the pan. "i'm making you a glass with extra syrup then. i'm honestly offended you've never had this." i replied, shaking my head and opening the milk gallon.

shawn put down the spatula and walked over to a cupboard near me, pulling out two glasses. he closed the doors and set them down in front of me, standing next to me as he watched me pour in the milk.

"is it really just milk and chocolate?" he asked, watching intently as i squeezed out the chocolate syrup. "what else would you fucking put in it?" i responded, hearing him laugh and shake his head.

"can you get me two spoons, pretty please?" i said, looking up at him, smiling sweetly and batting my eyelashes. he nodded, leaning down and pressing a quick kiss on my lips.

i smiled as he moved away, opening a drawer near the sink and pulling out two metal spoons.  he handed me them both, but i only took one. "you're going to stir your own damn milk." i said smiling. he laughed and nodded, taking a glass and starting to stir.

after stirring for a few moments, he huffed. "my arm hurts. is it done now?" shawn whined, taking the spoon out and looking at me, waiting for my answer. i glanced down at his cup, the syrup blending perfectly with the milk.

"yes, you can drink it." i giggled, taking my own spoon out and taking a sip, watching shawn as he tried his. "holy fuck." he mumbled, chugging his milk down. "you're gonna shit your pants." i laughed as he sat down the completely empty glass on the counter.

i took a few more sips of mine and walked over to the sink, gently setting it down. i felt shawn come up behind me, setting both of his hands on both sides of the steel sink, me still facing the sink.

i turned around to face him, wrapping my arms around his neck and smiling up at him. "i have to leave soon." i mumbled, feeling him press his forehead against mine. "boo." he replied, making me laugh. "it's okay, i'm making you come back soon anyways." he smiled.