ten. sunburns

clara's pov.

"wake the fuck up, bitches!" sarah screamed as she ran through all of our rooms, waking us all up. "shut the fuck up." i yelled back, pushing my head under my pillow.

suddenly, the pillow was ripped away, the bright light from the windows shining on me. "wake the fuck up, we're going to the beach." sarah squealed as she jumped onto my bed, a groan escaping my lips.

i watched as she climbed off and ran into paige's room, doing the exact same thing to her. "good morning." sophie announced as she walked into my room, already wearing her bathing suit.

"ugh, i don't want to go." i whined, annoyed with the fact we were waking up this early to go to the beach. "it's so early." i continued. sophie scoffed, rolling her eyes as she pulled my arm, forcing me out of the bed. "clara, it's almost one o'clock." she replied, making me laughed.

i stood up and walked over to my bathroom and looking at my few tops and bottoms hanging up on hooks. i decided on a mauve top with black bottoms.

after getting dressed and ready, i met the girls in the kitchen, seeing the twins, shawn, and harry all sitting on the couch on their phones.

"good morning, babe." ethan cooed as he looked up at me, a smile resting on his lips. "shut the fuck up." i replied, looking away from him as i grabbing a white claw from the fridge and opened it, taking a sip.

"wow, showing a positive attitude the morning, aren't we?" sarah sarcastically questioned, smirking at me as she filled a cooler with different types of alcohols. i laughed and stuck my finger up, flipping her off.

the ride to the beach was full of everyone singing along to paige's playlists, most of us knowing every word to the songs. no role modelz by j cole came on, causing me to scream. "turn this shit up!" i yelled at sarah, seeing as she was sitting passenger in shawn's jeep. paige and i screamed the song word for word, sarah rolling her eyes since she only knew a few words.

by the time we pulled up to the beach, it looked almost completely empty, only a few small groups of people there. we all climbed out and helped unload the cars, me going straight for the bag of alcohol ethan carried.

"it's so fucking hot." sophie announced, making a few of us laugh. "yeah, that's the point." paige responded, earning a laugh from sophie.

i laid my towel out on the white sand, setting my own belongings on top of it. i slipped off my shoes and shirt, completely skipping putting on sunscreen and walking straight towards the water.

i walked to about waste deep, turning around to look back up at everybody, noticing the girls copying my exact actions and joining me in the cool water. "sarah, thank you for forcing all of us for coming because this water actually feels so good." zoey says, nodding my head in agreement.

"yes, thank you for dragging me out of bed for this." i mentioned, her head leaning back as she laughed at my comment. "your welcome, dumbass." she responded.

a weird feeling suddenly came around me, the water turning warm. "what the fuck is that?" i complained, crossing my arms in front of myself, sophie's eyes going wide.

"oh, uh, i peed." paige spoke up, laughing at the end of her sentence. i burst into laughter, everyone else around us doing the same.

"what's so funny?" harry asked as he made his way over to sophie with a beer in his hand, his arm wrapping around her waist and pulling her closer to him.

i noticed the rest of the boys coming over to us as well, ethan a few feet away from me. i smiled up at him as the rest of the group continued to talk.

"hi." he mumbled, placing a gentle kiss on my lips. i immediately kissed back, his hand resting on my hip.

"could y'all not fuck in the middle of the ocean?" sarah commented, a fake disgusted look on her face, causing me to flip her off for the second time today.

sarah's pov.

darkness surrounded me as i felt the sun heating my skin up. i laid sprawled out on my towel on the sand, shawn sitting up right next to me.

"babe, you're starting to burn." shawn exclaimed, placing his hand on my light red shoulders, burning at his touch.

i opened one eye and looked up at him, giving him a face, telling him to take his hand off of me. he obliged, shaking his head as he let out a little laugh, looking back out at the water in front of me.

i ended up sitting up on the towel, looking a the amazing view, the sun about to start setting in front of us. "tomorrow can we have a date here?" i mumbled to shawn, waiting for his answer, which of course he said yes to.

i looked over at him, his face turning dark red. "you say i'm getting burnt, but shit, look at you." i laughed, pulling his sunglasses off of his face and revealing his sunburn better. "fuck you."

paige's pov.

i pulled the cool covers over my burnt legs, a burning sensation filling my knee as i accidentally pull too fast. "does that feel any better?" gray asked as he stood next to the bed, handing me a glass of iced water. i took a sip and nodded, setting it down next to me on the night stand.

he walked over to the other side of the bed, carefully sliding in as he made sure not to mess with my sunburn. i leaned my head back on the head board, rolling to look back at gray, flashing a small smile.

a knock sounded at the door, resulting in grayson getting up to open it, revealing sarah. "hi pix, i brought you something to make you feel better." she smiled, pulling a pack of smirnoffs from behind her back.

"oh my god, you're fucking stupid, but amazing." i replied, my jaw dropping at the sight of my favorite drinks. she smiled as she moved past grayson and set the full pack on my night stand.

i immediately reached for one and twisted the cap off, taking a long chug, the liquid flowing easily down my throat.

"i'll leave y'all alone. i'm staying at shawn's tonight, sophie's at harry's, and clara is at the boys house, so y'all are here alone. i'll see y'all tomorrow." she exclaimed as she walked back over to the door, her hand pulling the knob and closing the door. "good night!" i shouted, not caring if she heard it or not.

gray climbed back into the bed, pulling the covers over his body and unlocking his phone, opening tiktok. "wait, can i have one?" he curiously asked. i jerked my head to look at him and gave him a "what the fuck kind of question is that" look, causing him to roll his eyes.