five. it's my fucking birthday

paige's pov.

"who the fuck invited jack and madison?" clara screamed as she walked over to me and sophie. "jack dail?" sophie's dumbass asked, tilting her head to the side as she looked at clara. "no dipshit, jack gilinsky." she said, making my eyes go wide. "he literally brought fucking madison as his date. is he trying to make sarah pissed?" she questioned, crossing her arms. sophie laughed, taking another sip of her white claw.

"we cannot let sarah find out that they're here. seriously, she's already mad about the shawn bullshit, this will piss her off even more." i explained, looking over my shoulder and seeing grayson, ethan, and harry all talking, looking like they were getting along. "i don't give a fuck if sarah's mad, it's my fucking birthday." sophie whined, repeating what she's been saying every ten minutes this whole fucking day.

"sophie, i swear to god if you say it's your birthday one more damn time, i'm going to eat you up."clara spat, making me laugh. i looked at sophie and she definitely looked happy! she walked away and towards the boys, grabbing harry's arm and pulling him along with her. "she's drunk, she'll be okay in thirty minutes." i told clara, causing her to laugh. "true."

"have y'all seen sarah?" a voice from behind me asked, making me turn my head, revealing a tall, lanky ass shawn mendes standing there. "not since she got here earlier. she's in a bitchy ass mood, fix her please." clara yelled over the loud music. shawn took his gaze off clara and examined the large living room we were in.

"shawn, we need to find her. jack just showed up with madison and she's going to be pissed if she sees madison in this house. we need to find her and make sure we keep her away from them." i explained to him, watching him nod his head in response.

"um, paige." clara mumbled, grabbing my arm. "not now, dumbass." i replied, shaking her hand off of my arm. "i'm beinf for real, she can not see madison." i continued, shawn looking past me, keeping his gaze on whatever it was. "paige, i think you need to see this." clara said again, grabbing my arm once more, causing me to just push her off again. "shawn, are you even fucking listening to a word i'm saying right now?" i questioned, him still staring at whatever. "turn your dumbass around." clara screamed, grabbing my arms and forcing me to turn around, finally seeing what they were staring at.

dead center of the living room stood madison and sarah, jack standing behind madison and watching their argument intently. "oh shit." i mumbled, making my way over to the two, shawn and clara hot on my trail.

"i don't know what the fuck your problem is, but just shut the fuck up, sarah. no one knows who the fuck you are. your little sweet girl personality is a fucking act. you're just a fucking cunt that no one likes and never will. i mean, come on. your first la boyfriend cheated on you because you never satisfied him." madison rudely spit at her, crossing her arms over her chest as she waited for sarah to retaliate.

the thing about sarah is that she is very kept to herself. she may be loud and outgoing sometimes, but usually, she kind of just keeps things to herself and stays in her own business. when she gets dragged into drama, she tries to get out of it as fast as she can. but, confrontation is a whole other thing.

anytime anyone tries to confront her for anything, she blows up. she doesn't do well with confrontation, but at the same time she can hurt someone so bad just with her words.

"jack never cheated on me when we were dating." she shot back, starting to laugh at the information. a smirk grew on madison's face, her arms remaining crossed. "i wouldn't be so confident about that."

sarah's face froze. her eyes looked from madison to jack, seeing him freeze completely as well. "you cheated on me?" sarah asked quietly, but still loud enough for the group of people forming around them to hear. at that moment, i realized the music had been shut off, forcing everyone's attention to the scene going on in front of us.