epilogue.

sarah's pov.

-four years later.

seeing as we just arrived in los angeles and didn't have any groceries, clara and i decided to take a trip to trader joe's for a few things.

"i'm gonna go ask if they have alcohol." clara said, a laugh leaving my mouth as she walked away.

i made my way into the produce section, grabbing one of the plastic bags and putting some apples in it.

as i tied the top of the bag and turned around, i walked straight into someone's chest.

"oh my god, i'm so sorry." i exclaimed, immediately dropping down to help him pick up his things, not even looking to see who it was yet.

"don't worry about it. i didn't even want to buy dried banana chips anyways. they're for my roommate." the guy explained. i laughed and looked up at him as he did the same and saw his dark brown eyes, seeming extremely familiar.

i examined his face for a second, noticing his short but curly almost black hair, sharp jawline, and slight stubble around his jaw. i know him.

"what's your name?" he asked, standing up and reaching for my hand, which i almost too quickly accepted, and stood up.

"uh, i'm sarah." i replied, my eyebrows furrowed together as i tried to remember where i knew him from, but remembering nothing.

"i'm jack gilinsky. how come i've never seen you around before?" he questioned, his arms crossing over his chest as he looked down at me. i tried to not make it too obvious as i noticed his biceps pop from under his black long sleeve t-shirt.

"i actually just moved here today. i'm living with my best friends." i answered, placing a small smile on my lips. he nodded, looking down at his feet and then to his right, looking at some blonde guy by the cash register waving him over.

"listen, i gotta go, but is there anyway i could get your number?" he asked. i nodded and took his phone from his hands, quickly typing in my name and number, handing it back to him once i finished.

"i'll see you around, sarah." he smoothly said as he walked away, leaving my alone in my thoughts in the middle of the produce section.

everything felt so familiar, almost like i've been here before. i shrugged it off as clara found me, ranting to me about some old lady who gave her a nasty look. this will be an interesting next few years...