explanation.

ok i'm sorry, i know some of y'all about to be real mad at me oops...

throwback to when sarah and shawn went on the date in chapter eleven. sarah talked about how when her and the girls were in middle school, there was a period of time where they all dropped sarah, lasting through beginning of sixth grade to midway of seventh grade year.

she explained the reason as to why no one ever said anything and it was because she was having these "weird dreams" about a guy. apparently, she tried for months to get them to be friends with her again, but nothing worked.

in seventh grade, she fell during athletics and broke her arm, broke her braces, and had a concussion. then, it just continues on to them being friends again, as if nothing ever happened.

life goes on and they eventually they're living in los angeles together, attempting to start their careers and falling in love. that's when sarah and shawn meet, and go back to shawn's place.

story continues and one night, everything changed. on their date, shawn pretty much confesses his love to sarah and she retaliates by confessing what happened with the girls in middle school. seeming to anyone else as not a big deal, sarah felt for some reason that he needed to know.

when she arrives at home, she realizes she's alone, figuring everyone is just staying with their boyfriends. she gets in bed as if nothing was wrong, shawn's words replaying in her head, falling peacefully asleep.

when she awakes, she's in the hospital, surrounded by dead family members and her parents, who she hasn't seen in months. clearly confused, she asked what's going on, only to be told that when she fell during athletics it wasn't just a concussion.

there was an underlining condition in her brain from the fall, internal bleeding, which caused her to slip into a coma when she went to bed that night.

what felt like six years for her was actually only two weeks in real life. she freaks out realizing that everything she had gone through the past six years of life was all a dream and never happened.

later once she returns home, she starts going through some memory boxes, finding a bunch of things from before the girls fight. she comes across a few polaroid pictures, one of a sunset sticking out to her.

she drops it and jumps off the bed as she realizes thats the one she took on her and shawn's last date. as shes standing away from the box, she notices a crumpled napkin in the box.

she pulls it out and unfolds it, finding in blue words "as long as i live, my love you will be".

her head spinned as she though to herself, trying to frighten out if it was all a dream or not.

when she told shawn about how she started having these dreams about this guy, it was really him who was the guy. in the moment, she couldn't remember exactly who it was.

i'll leave y'all to think about what you think really happened, whether it was all in the future or a altered reality or plainly just a dream.