eight. i'm sorry

sophie's pov.

"wait, what the fuck is his problem?" clara angrily spit as paige told us what happened during her fight with grayson. clara, sarah, and i all laid down in paige's bed, listening as paige gave us every detail to what happened only an hour ago.

i frowned as i looked at her and saw the dried tear stains on her cheeks, fresh tears still spilling. "i feel the same way as him, i know i do. for some reason, i just wasn't ready to say it back and i thought he would be okay with that. i just want to know if he's safe right now." she mumbled, her voice cracking a bit.

"well, i know ethan is with him right now, trying to get him to calm down, so he's in good hands." clara informed her as she gave paige a sad smile. "i just wish i would've said it back. none of this would be happening right now if i just wouldn't have been a fucking pussy." she cried, leaning her head back into her blanket.

"you can't blame yourself for him being mad at you for no reason. he's not even angry. he admitted on the phone with clara when he called us that he had no reason to get upset like that and say those things he said to you. he knows he was in the wrong." sarah said, offering her a smile as paige listened to what she said.

paige nodded, rubbing her eyes with her blanket and sighing. "i want to go see him." she suddenly announced, sitting up in her bed. we all copied her actions, climbing out of the bed and watching as she pulled up a different t-shirt.

"are you sure this is a good idea?" i asked, following behind paige as she left the room, grabbing her keys off the hook. "it's her decision, soph." sarah told me as she sat down at one of the chairs at the dining table.

"i'll drive her. i'll see y'all later." clara informed us, the two of them walking out of the apartment. "this will be interesting." sarah said, causing me to shake my head, laughing.

paige's pov.

i walked closely behind clara as we walked up to the boys front door, her pulling out her keys and picking one, unlocking the door as we both walked in.

"babe? what are y'all doing here?" ethan asked as he emerged from the kitchen. "she wants to talk to him." clara mumbled to him. his gaze turned to me, probably examining the dried tears on my cheeks since i hadn't bothered to wipe them off.

"he's in his room." ethan nodded at me. i gave him a quick smiled, and pushed passed the two, making my way down the hallway towards the bedrooms.

as i got closer to his door, i realized it was shut. i gently knocked on the door, hearing an almost inaudible "come in". i twisted the door knob and pushed it open, revealing grayson laying face down on his bed, buried under his comforter.

"what do you want, ethan?" he mumbled, not looking up as i entered the room and quietly shut the door behind me. i made my way over to his bed and sat at the edge, looking over at him as he remained completely still.

"e, what the fuck do you want?" he snapped, harshly throwing the comforter off of him and sitting, his eyes meeting mine. "paige?" he quietly said, his eyes softening.

i flashed a sad smile, looking down at my hands. "i wanted to come say i'm sorry for everything that happened earlier." i informed him, keeping my head down.

i could feel him shifting in his spot, causing me to look up and see him scooting closer to me. "if anyone should be sorry, it's me. i overreacted way too harsh. you didn't deserve that." he said, gently grabbing my hands and setting them in his lap, keeping them folded.

"i love you so much, gray. i guess i was just scared." i exclaimed, the last part coming out as a whisper. "you shouldn't be scared, especially with me. paige, you are the best thing that's happened to me in a long time, i don't think you understand how grateful i am for you to be in my life." gray smiled, my cheeks heating up at his words.

"do you forgive me?" i questioned, looking up at him with teary eyes. he smiled and nodded, his own eyes starting to look glossy. "only if you forgive me." he said. i leaned in and pressed my lips on his, gray immediately kissing me back.

"i love you." i whispered as i slowly pulled away, glancing up at his eyes. his eyes looked as if they had a little sparkle in them. "i love you too."