Chapter 1

And we danced all night to the best song ever
We knew every line, now I can't remember
How it goes but I know, that I won-

I turned off the alarm of my phone and rolled onto my side to sleep some more. I hated getting up in the morning. I hated going to sleep at night even more.

The alarm started going off again in five minutes and I groaned while covering my ears with pillows. I had saved alarms every five minutes so that I'll get up once I couldn't stand it anymore.

I sat up straight on the bed and yawned as I rubbed my eyes lazily. Then I turned off the screaming alarm before walking to the bathroom to get my morning routine done and after that was off the list, I searched through the closet with the intention of finding a decent attire to go to school.

I settled down with a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt which I tucked a bit under the jeans from the front. A pair of white sneakers on and I was ready. I swung my backpack over my shoulder and went downstairs to meet mom and dad.

"Good morning mom! Good morning dad!" I said while taking an apple from the fruit basket in the kitchen.

"Good morning sweetheart! Ready to go?" Mom asked, flipping over the pancake that she was making.

"Yep."

"Do you want me to drop you off at school, Kara?" Dad offered.

"No it's okay dad. I am going with Brandon."

I finished my apple and went over to mom to place a kiss on her cheek.

"I'll be off then Bye!!" I waved to my parents and opened the front door only to find Brandon standing there about to press the doorbell.

"Hey! I was about to press the doorbell." He smiled.

"Yeah I could see that. Let's go."

We both started walking to school. There was still time left until school commenced so there was no rush. Brandon cracked jokes while we walked to keep the boredom away. Some were the worst ones there are in the whole universe I guess.

"I bet you don't know how a cow laughs." Brandon stifled a laugh and I knew he was about to crack one of his dad jokes.

"Well I don't need to. So shut up." I rolled my eyes and picked up my pace, leaving Brandon behind but he soon caught up with me.

"Moo ha ha." He laughed at his own stupid joke. "Get it? Cows say moo and th-"

"Why am I friends with you again?" I facepalmed myself and sighed before walking to the school with sped up steps.

Brandon and I had been best friends ever since I could remember. We went to elementary school together followed by middle school and now, high school. We were very shy at first but as the time passed, Brandon and I became inseparable. We knew each other's anything and everything as if we didn't know what privacy meant. We were the definition of best friends.

Brandon grew up to be super handsome and we both knew all the girls in the school had a crush on him.

Well all the girls except me.

I know, I know. Typical Wattpad girl you'll say but after all those years, I could only see him as my best-est friend and the only person I trusted with my things. It was the same for Brandon.

We arrived at school eventually and went to the locker hall to place our bags and get the books for the first four periods. Even our lockers were next to each other. 

"Have you seen that girl around here before?" Brandon poked my side and pointed his chin at someone.

I turned to that direction and saw a girl examining a piece of paper, which I assumed to be her classes, that was in her hand. She had blonde hair and a petite figure. I had never seen her before.

"Nope. Must be new." I closed my locker and locked it. 

"I wonder what class she's in." I heard Brandon mutter under his breath, still staring at the girl.

The bell rang and we left the locker hall to go to our class. After taking our respective seats, which were also beside each other, we waited till the teacher came. The usual noise in the class disappeared just when Mr. Wood stepped into the class with his teaching material in hand.

There was someone trailing behind him and I could hear Brandon gasp slightly as he saw it was that girl from the locker hall.

"Good morning class." Mr. Wood greeted while placing his books on the teacher's table.

"Good morning Mr. Wood." Few of the class greeted lazily.

Mr. Wood narrowed eyes at us and cleared his throat as he shot daggers through his eyes.

"GOOD MORNING MR. WOOD!!" The whole class greeted again and then only the teacher seemed satisfied.

"That's better. Now, we have a new transfer student in our class as of today." He gestured for the girl to come forward to introduce herself.

"Hello guys, I'm Tina. I hope to have a fun time with you."

The boys in the class oohed making the girls scoff and roll eyes. Tina chuckled in a shy manner and tucked her hair behind her ear.

I looked around the class to see guys staring at her like nothing else mattered. I turned to Brandon and saw him smiling to himself.

Well, that's unlikely of him.

"All right Tina, thank you for your introduction. There's an empty seat in front of Brandon. Go and sit now." Mr. Wood showed her the seat.

I looked at Brandon once again to see his smile was a lot wider and his cheeks a bit red.

Is he blushing? Oh Brandon, you're not going to hear the end of it for the rest of your life now.

I giggled at the thought of teasing him and turned to the blackboard to concentrate on the lesson. 

My best friend was having a crush for the first time in forever. There was no way he was gonna escape my teasing now.