Chapter 27

Meeting Tina in the dark alley...

Arguing with her...

Two guys appearing...

Cornering me...

Pinning me to the wall...

Trying to rape me...

Screaming for help...

Getting slapped...

Losing consciousness...

My eyes shot opened and I sat up straight on the bed, drenched in sweat and my hands shaking. Tears started to flood as the traumatizing memories came back and I buried my face in my hands. I felt arms wrap around me making me immediately slap them and back away, petrified. Looking up I saw a familiar face that was enough to calm me down.

"Zayn?"

"It's okay. It's okay. You're fine." He slowly approached me, not wanting to scare me again and hugged me tightly as I held onto his shirt, burying my face in his chest.

"Th-they.....they tried to r-rape me Zayn.....The-they wanted t-t-to--" My cries cut me off midway and I cried loudly in Zayn's arms. He didn't say anything for a moment and stroked my head gently.

"It's alright. You're safe now. Nothing happened." He muttered softly as I continued to hold onto him.

"Is she awake?" The unfamiliar voice pulled us apart and I saw a man in a white coat and a stethoscope around his neck. It was then I looked around to notice I was in a hospital room. He checked the tube that was attached to me to give IV drops and turned in my way.

"Are you feeling okay Kara?"

His voice was soft and smooth but I was really scared to face an unknown man after what I went through. I felt someone squeeze my hand gently and I turned to Zayn who gave me a reassuring smile and a nod. Encouraged by his actions I answered the doctor.

"Uh... yea-yeah yeah I'm fine. Just had a nightmare."

"A female doctor did all the tests just in case you find it uncomfortable and don't worry, nothing bad had happened. This boy right here had managed to save you just in time." The doctor pointed his hand towards Zayn and smiled. After explaining my condition and saying that I'd be able to go home the next day, he left.

"Thank you Zayn. I don't even wanna imagine what would've happened if not for you." I held his hand with both of mine while Zayn sat on the side my bed.

"Kar-"

"OH MY GOD KARA!!" Brandon barged through the hospital room door and ran to my side, immediately grabbing my shoulders. "Tell me you're okay. Please tell me you're okay." He looked really worried.

"I'm okay Brandon. Zayn managed to save me before anything happened." I placed my hand on his and smiled. Having him beside me gave strength and confidence in someway. I felt safe. Zayn was gonna say something but I posed a question first, before noticing that. "Where were you?"

"Oh me... I went to the police station to finish things there." He said casually and sat on the other side of the bed after adjusting the pillow behind me so I could lean back comfortably.

"Police station? Finish what?" I asked, noticing how Brandon's fists clenched until his knuckles turned white.

"To turn Tina in."

"REALLY?!"

The news was a bit unbelievable for me. It felt too true maybe. She deserved to be imprisoned for what she did. It wasn't something a human would do. Brandon nodded in agreement while Zayn kept his silence.

"We were able to catch her before she fled the scene and her phone had the recording of.... you know..." He trailed off to look at me worriedly.

I averted my gaze, remembering how Tina took the phone out to record the scene when those men started to approach me. I felt so disgusted of me for some reason.

Is it because that man sloppily kissed all over my neck and trailed his hand over my body?

"With that evidence, we were able to get her inside. Guess what, this isn't the first time she had come to a police station as a criminal." Brandon stated and my eyes traveled back to his again.

She has a criminal record from before?

"What do you mean?" Zayn voiced my thoughts.

"She had slept with a teacher in her previous school for better grades and bullied the students who knew of it. Her bullying was way more violent as it said in her file. But she was bailed out by her mother."

Wow...

So that's why she transferred here...

"And stupid me almost fell for a criminal." Brandon said making us laugh. "Aren't you guys hungry? I'm gonna grab some snacks from the cafeteria." He stood up from the bed and left the hospital room.

"I'm not really very surprised that Tina had a criminal record." Zayn said staring into space.

"Yeah me too. Do you think she'll be able to get out any time soon?" Shivers ran down my spine just getting reminded of what would've happened if I wasn't saved.

"I don't think so. At least, I don't hope so. She needs to rot in jail for what she tried to do to you." He clenched his fists just like Brandon.

"What about those guys? Will they go to jail too?" I asked again expectantly.

"Of course they will. I'm sure the officers are locking them up right now." He smiled reassuringly at me and squeezed my hand again.

"Thank you so much again Zayn. I just don't have enough words to-"

"Hold it." He cut me off, placing his index finger on my lips. "That's what I've been trying to tell you all this time."

"Wop?"

I originally tried to say 'what' but it came out as 'wop' because of Zayn's finger on my mouth. He chuckled sweetly before answering.

"It wasn't me who saved you."

Huh?

"It was Brandon."

[A/N]
I couldn't update yesterday bcuz of some stuff and sorry for that.