¤ ~ Merry Christmas ~ ¤

It was a really peaceful morning. I half-opened my eyes to see the sunlight pouring through the curtains of the master bedroom that me and Brandon shared together. It was undoubtedly a nice day but I didn't want to get up just yet so I closed my eyes again to get some more sleep. As always.

"You're seriously aren't going back to sleep now are ya?" Brandon stifled a laugh seeing me try to prolong my morning sleep for the thousandth day.

"Watch me." I muttered sassily, my eyes still closed and I adjusted the blanket over me to get more comfortable. I could hear my husband's godly sweet chuckle and almost slipped a smile. I could feel him staring at me and it was kind of hard to fall asleep when I knew he was looking at me like that. "Stop staring."

"I've got something to tell," was what he said.

"What?" Thinking it might be something serious, I was about to open my eyes and look at him until I felt his body heat just centimetres away from me. His hot breath fanned my ear and I could literally feel the blush on my cheeks. I thought I'd be used to this by now but he makes it feel all brand new every single time.

"Merry Christmas." His voice was husky an-

Wait-

Christmas?

My eyes shot open immediately. "It's today??"

Brandon's face read one thing : disbelief.

"Did you at least get a gift for Josh?" He asked me and seeing my sheepishly forced smile he facepalmed. "I'm not even surprised anymore."

"Do you think there's still time to get something before he wakes up?" I asked while looking at the clock. It was already nine in the morning and there was no way I could go to the store, get a gift and wrap it up before my son woke up. "I seriously thought it was tomorrow!!" I whined.

"Just bake him his favourite cookies. That'll work." Brandon gave me an idea.

"You're right!! I'm gonna go bake those now." I pushed away the blanket off me and got up, tying my hair into a messy bun while Brandon was looking at me doing so.

"Do you need help in the kitchen?" He asked.

"If you feel like." I said and walked to the door only to come back to the bed again. I placed a quick kiss on Brandon's lips. "Merry Christmas hubby." I winked playfully and left the room.

Although the curtains of the living room were closed, the room was brightly lit by the lights of the Christmas tree that we had decorated with Josh a week back. It made me smile to myself as the memories came by while I opened the curtains of the French windows before going to the kitchen, getting the necessary ingredients from the pantry. It was peaceful for a moment until I heard Brandon's footsteps behind me. He hugged me from behind, something he loved to do and I loved as well.

"What do you need help with wifey?" He nuzzled his face into my neck, looking at the cookie batter that I was rolling.

"Help me cut out the shapes. There's a cookie cutter in the second drawer." I pointed at my chin to the place where they were and he immediately started helping me out. Just when we finished putting the last batch of cookies into the oven, we heard a squeal from upstairs.

Josh is awake.

"Mommy it's Christmas!! It's Christmas it's Christmas!!!" He beamed in happiness as he came running into the kitchen and hugging me while a jealous Brandon was pouting just next to us.

"Merry Christmas to you too Josh." He said, faking an upset face.

"Merry Christmas daddy! Mommy let's open the gifts!! Come mommy!!!" Josh dragged me out of the kitchen into the living room leaving behind Brandon.

These father-son teasing moments were one of my favourite things in life. Josh was either too excited for Christmas or he was purposefully teasing his father because he had something great planned for him later.

"This is for mommy." He carefully handed me a little gift box from under the Christmas tree after I sat down on the sofa. Brandon plopped down beside me, his hand over my shoulder as if to say I'm his.

"Let's see what it is." I said while opening up the wrapping that I was sure Josh got Brandon's help with, to see a red box. Opening it I saw a really cute and colorful necklace which I didn't have any doubt that it was crafted by my son himself. "Oh my God baby this is beautiful! Thank you so much!!" I kissed his cheek multiple times lovingly.

"And this is for daddy." He picked up a card and handed it to Brandon. I secretly winked at Josh and focused my gaze on Brandon's face to see the reaction when he read it.

"To world's best daddy. Merry Christmas! I love you very much." He read it out loud, his voice getting softer by each word. "Aww he drew a big heart next to it!" He turned the card towards me with such an awe and love for it like a student who had gotten straight A for every subject in the year-end exam for the third time in a row. Which he actually did when we were in school.

"Now it's time for my gift. For both of you." Brandon said before leaving the room to the basement. Me and Josh looked at each other curiously, trying to guess what the gift may be.

"Woof!"

Is that a...

"Puppy!!!" Josh screamed in happiness and covered his wide opened mouth with his tiny little hands while my husband chuckled with an adorable golden retriever puppy wagging its cute tail in his hands.

"I'm gonna name him Coco!!!" The little boy ran to his father as the puppy was put down onto the floor.

"Where did you get a puppy?" I asked while looking at the boy petting his Christmas gift fondly.

"I have my ways." He wiggled his eyebrows. "Besides, it's better for Josh to have someone to play with." He turned at our son and smiled affectionately.

"I couldn't give you my gift yet." I played with my fingers nervously.

"I thought you forgot Christmas." Brandon teased.

"Well your gift was prepared for weeks." I smiled sheepishly. Brandon seemed dumbfounded at my response.

I quietly went behind the tree and got the little gift box that I had hidden securely to not have any mix-ups. I went to the couch again and sat in front of the guy cross legged and gave him the box. I saw that he was really nervous when he took it from me. Josh also watched us from the ground and Coco seemed curious too. Everyone was waiting for Brandon to open up the box. And he finally did.

I waited.

Josh waited.

Coco waited.

Everyone was waiting for him to say something.

"Are you serious?" He looked at me with a familiar expression that I had seen only once. It made me relieved to be honest. His eyes were twinkling brightly and I knew it was the best Christmas gift he could ever get.

"Merry Christmas Brandon." I smiled widely as he suddenly hugged me tightly and warmly.

"Mommy? What did you give daddy?" Josh seemed eager to know.

"Josh," Brandon released me and picked him up on to the sofa, me doing the same to Coco, "I'm gonna need some help from you."

"What is it daddy?"

"We're gonna have to think of some baby names."

"Ooh fun!! How many do we have to think?"

"How about... eight?"

[A/N]
Merry Christmas everybody!❤
This will be the last bonus chapter for Experimental Girlfriend. Thank you so much for reading and supporting❤
Stay safe and healthy~

Edit : Y'all when I said 8 names I meant 4 girl names and 4 boy names like before what were you guys thinking oml✋😭