Chapter 19

The date was amazing.

Zayn took me to a restaurant just a bit far from my house and we sat at our table to order the food. The menu was filled with various types of meals and I took me about 2 minutes only to read it. After the order was placed I looked around the dining room filled with light chatters of the other customers and couldn't help but notice the graceful decoration.

"Do you like it here?" Zayn asked me softly with a pleasant smile on his face.

"Yeah it's gorgeous. Thank you for bringing me." I thanked him and took a sip of water from the glass in front of me. I couldn't hold it anymore and voiced the question that had been hogging my mind for so long. "Why all of this suddenly?"

"I uh- Oh look the food's here!" Zayn changed the subject not so smoothly but I didn't care as there was a plate of deliciousness on the table waiting for me to savour it.

That felt like heaven. The food was so great that I didn't even have right words to describe the taste when Zayn asked me what I think of the meal. It was so amazing.

I was eating happily with my eyes closed so I could concentrate on the flavor better when I felt something touching the corner of my lips. A light gasp escaped my mouth as I opened my eyes to see Zayn up close to my face with a napkin in his hand, wiping my face with it gently. I felt my cheeks burning up.

"There uh... there was some sauce on your lip." He stammered and seated himself on the chair properly, avoiding eye contact and drinking some water.

"Um... th-thanks." I replied awkwardly. I didn't know what else I was supposed to say.

The dinner went on filling up with random talks after that little incident and we finished the delicious three course meal before heading back to the car to go home. It was only five minutes to 9.30 at night so there was so much time for us to continue the journey slowly. We arrived at my house within fifteen minutes and I got off the car, Zayn doing the same to walk me up to my door.

"Thanks for tonight. I had fun." I said, trying not to turn into a tomato.

"No problem. I'm glad you enjoyed." He uttered as he ran a hand through his hair and scratching his nape.

Brandon does the same when he's nervous...

Stop thinking about him Kara!

"The question you asked at the restaurant, uh... I uh..."

He seemed to have trouble either trying to figure out the right words or mustering up his courage. It's most probably the fir-

"I like you."

What?

"Huh?" I couldn't believe it. I was so shocked.

"I kinda like you Kara and it has been quite a while now." He looked at me in the eyes and I knew he wasn't joking.

"Why?"

Really?!

That's the only thing I say when Zayn just confessed his feelings for me?!

Why am I so dumb?!

"Well I don't know. I just do." Zayn shrugged, eyes not tearing away from mine. "I just wanna know if you feel the same."

"I-I don't know Zayn... This is actually too sudden for me. Can you give me some time? I'll tell you when I've figured my feelings."

"Yeah sure, take you time. I'm sorry this is out of the blue." He apologized looking a bit guilty but it couldn't suppress the expression of relief he had when he finally said he liked me. "I hope this doesn't create any tension between us."

"Ah don't worry it won't." I smiled as I shook my hands in front of me.

"I have one more request."

I hope it's not a kiss. I'm not ready to lose my first kiss even without confirming my feelings first.

"What is it?"

Please don't be a kiss!

"Don't freak out it's not a kiss." Zayn chuckled making me blush and look away from his gaze.

"Just tell it already. The curiosity is too much!" I voiced my thoughts.

"Okay okay! Is it okay if I take you on more dates till you sort out your feelings?" He asked, taking me by surprise for the second time.

"So you can get me to fall you if I have wavering feelings?" I smirked jokingly.

"Yeah you could say that." He replied while sending me a powerful smirk himself.

Boy that smirk just did something to my heart.

I rolled my eyes trying to ignore my blush. "Okay fine." My answer got him really happy and I could feel the happy vibes coming oh from him. The smirk turned into a cute and wide smile in an instant.

Did he just go from devil to angel in just one tenth of a second?!

I swear he's bipolar!

"So should I go inside?" My feet was starting to hurt at the time and I was longing for a comfy sleep on my bed under the warm blankets.

"Yeah I'm sorry to keep you here." Zayn retreated from my front porch, I waved at him before going inside and closing the door behind me. I heard his car leaving.

"He dropped you home even before 10pm? I'm impressed." Dad's voice startled me.

I smiled at him and continued the walk to my room. After changing into a pajama and brushing my teeth, I opened the door to see mom pacing up and down in my room expectantly. Her head jerked towards me as she saw me coming out of the bathroom.

"I expect details."

Oh mom!

[A/N]
Sorry if this was a boring chapter. Maybe I'll double update? Let's see👀