Chapter 16

Brandon stopped at my house when it was just over 2.35 in the afternoon, ten minutes before he said he would arrive. He came inside, saying hi to me and went to his usual couch in the living room.

"Oh Kara I forgot to mention. Don't wear frocks or skirts today." Brandon said turning to me, getting reminded suddenly.

"First, I wasn't going to anyway and second, you're the one who practically begged me at school to go all the cutesy type." I rolled my eyes as I sat across from him on the floor cross legged.

"I know I know but I hadn't had decided where to spend the day by then."

"So where will we go?" I was curious as hell as to which place wouldn't approve wearing skirts or frocks.

"You'll see." Brandon smirked while looking really satisfied to see me clueless. "Just get changed. We'll leave as soon as you're ready."

I shrugged and finished the apple that I was eating before going up to my room to change.

This time my outfit considered of a simple white top with denim jeans. I put a light coloured coat over it and I was ready.

I went downstairs to the living room where Brandon was waiting for me and stood at the door anticipating him to say something

"Wow didn't know you could pull off a different look with the same jeans." He softly smiled at me coming to the door and once again, without any reason I blushed, getting shy.

"Why are you red?" The guy chuckled.

We got onto Brandon's car and started our drive to who knows where. I tried to guess the destination by the road signs but couldn't think of anything as Brandon drove through a bit of a countryside.

It had passed 40 minutes until the car was parked in a quiet environment, my confusion and curiosity high as ever.

"This way." Brandon led the way along a stoned path which directed to a lighted area about 50m ahead of us. He finally stopped in front me and spread out his hands. "Tada!! What do you think?"

"Ice skating?!"

My eyes widened at the large outdoor ice skating rink ahead of me, occupied with people trying to balance themselves on the thin blades while sliding across the ice. Small children with their parents and couples holding hands were scattered over the layer of ice, filling the place with laughter and joy. The rink was surrounded by trees which were decorated with small light bulbs tangled on the branches. It really was a sight to see.