Chapter 21

<Brandon's POV>

My sister's birthday is almost just around the corner...

Was it wrong to invite Tina?

She didn't even have fun at the amusement park that day because apparently 'the rides are no fun with sweaty screaming people' and the food are 'very greasy and high in calories which will affect her figure'. She couldn't even loosen up for a day to have fun so was this a good idea?

Would Kara be mad? Of course she would be, what am I even expecting...

I'll be lucky if she doesn't end up going on about how stupid I am in the school hallways like like time...

Sighing heavily I rubbed my face with my hand as the frustration took over my entire body, making me walk around like a zombie looking for my best friend.

"What's wrong Branny?" Her voice startled me from behind and I rolled my eyes in annoyance at the name she always uses to tease me.

This is all because of Tina!!

"You're not gonna stop calling me that are you?"

"Keep on dreaming." She patted my shoulder and sashayed into the cafeteria just to make me mad.

Picking a food tray and filling it up with something pleasurable for my growling tummy I sat across Kara nervously while thinking about how to start the conversation. I knew she would scream at me for doing such a stupid thing on a special occasion like this but this was my last attempt to see if Tina can change.

"I-I uh... I have something to say." I swallowed hard.

"Fire away."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as Kara continued to watch me, anticipating for me to talk.

Come on Brandon, you can do this!

"IaskedTinatocomewithmetovisitmysister."

"YOU WHAT?!" She choked on her food.

Okay, there she goes!

It was really fun living 18 years in this really beautiful world and I'm gonna miss it so bad...

"Why did you ask her to come?!" Kara's eyes had become so wide that it kind of worried me if they were gonna fall out of their sockets.

"Well I know we're not official yet but I just wanted to-"

"Brandon I was not gonna say this unless it was really necessary because it might hurt your feelings but to be honest, I don't like the idea of you getting together with Tina."

She doesn't want me to be with Tina?

I searched for any kinds of signs of prank in Kara's eyes but they were nothing else than pure seriousness.

She's not kidding.

"Well frankly speaking, I feel like she's just a spoiled brat who happens to even hate my mere existence for some reason. I don't think she deserves you. I'd jump out of the window if you hadn't noticed it too. Like, she's not worthy of your love Brandon and seeing you go around her really hurts me. I was gonna tell you to stop being with her if she had stepped out of line just once more and unfortunately, she hasn't. Yet. But I'm glad this conversation came up now."

Seeing me being with Tina hurts her?

I couldn't process what she said for sometime. I felt really happy for some reason and it didn't hurt at all hearing these words. It was as if I wanted someone to spill it out right now.

I had wanted her to spill it out.

"I know how much your sister means to you and Tina is just bad news. Anything could go wrong once she meets you sister resulting you to end up hurting. I do not want that. Tina is... It's better if you didn't invite her to go with you."

"If I end up hurting, crying and having a breakdown, will you be there for me?"

My sudden question seemed to surprise her. She stared at me for a few minutes filled with silence.

"Of course I'd be there for you! Why is that even a question? I just don't-"

"Then that's all I need." I cut Kara off mid sentence and smiled gently.

"But Brandon this-"

"I know I'm really very stupid to have invited her but this is the last chance for me to see if she is really changeable. I promise you Kara, if this doesn't work, I'm stopping it." Placing my hand on Kara's I once again smiled fondly and genuinely at her while she continued to stare at me with worried eyes.

"I have a bad feeling about this." She shook her head and hung it low.

"Let's see."

Knowing that you're here by my side for anything, I'm not afraid...

¤ ~ ☆ ☆ ☆ ~ ¤

Dressed in a semi formal black attire I picked up Tina from her mansion, happy that she took my advice and wore a knee length black dress, which didn't reveal her skin as much as the other outfits she had put on when going out with me so far. Smiling fondly at her and praying for this to not take a wrong turn, we got onto my car and drove where my sister was.

"Is she living far?" Tina asked with impatience as the countryside passed by.

"Yeah... Really far..." I replied softly and continued to drive in silence.

After parking the car under a shady tree, me and Tina walked in the grounds until we reached the destination.

"This is where your sister is?"

Tina crumpled her face, a sign that this was not going to end well and Kara was right yet again. Nonetheless, I nodded slightly as she looked around the gravestones surrounding us from every direction.

"Tina, meet my sister Olivia."

I gestured for the tombstone just in front of us, where there was a little picture of my sister smiling widely as she always did and stared at the words underneath it.

Here lies, Olivia Lily Foster
Born - 1994.05.12
Died - 2009.05.13

I slightly turned my face to my left, where there was a tombstone similar to my sister's with a picture of a middle age woman smiling fondly at the camera while holding a little boy and a girl in her hands. My eyes read the dates written there.

Here lies, Martha Elizabeth Foster
Born - 1975.03.31
Died - 2009.05.13

Hi mom...

It's been a while, isn't it...

[A/N]
I know I'm not good at keeping you with suspense so I think you might've saw this coming.