Chapter 29

<Kara's POV>

"Thank you so much doctor." Mom thanked the doctor before we left the hospital to go home. Dad drove us home in his car while Brandon kept me company in the backseat.

Mom and dad came rushing to the hospital when Brandon informed them about what happened and they were so worried. I broke down again in front of them as mom hugged me tightly in her arms while dad patted my shoulder.

I knew he was barely holding back his anger. He wouldn't stop until those guys were in jail for good five years at least. His one and only daughter was almost raped, I'm sure it was a devastating news.

We arrived at my house and I got down from the car silently, hoping to go to my room to sleep and get this incident off my mind as soon as I could. Brandon and my parents followed silently with my whatnot from the hospital and kept them aside in my bedroom while I got under the covers immediately, turning my back to them.

I felt the mattress dip under the weight of someone and a hand stroked my hair gently. It was mom. She was silent, either because she didn't want to say the wrong thing accidentally or because she was crying. A tear slid out of my eye and I didn't utter a word, drowning myself in the silence.

"We'll leave you alone sweetie. Tell us if you need anything, okay?" Dad's voice asked and I nodded my head. I could hear two pair of footsteps leaving the room. I knew it was mom and add because the dip of the mattress was gone.

"I'll... I'll go... Text me or call me if anything happens... Alright?" Brandon muttered softly to which I didn't respond. There was a little pause and some shuffling behind me, indicating that he was leaving.

"Brandon wait!"

The words left my mouth even before I could think and I turned to him as he did the same, in surprise.

"Can't you... stay?" I mumbled.

"Well of course I can but would you be okay?"

He squatted down near me on the ground and held my hand. I stared at him for a while before nodding which was a cue for him to stay with me.

Brandon smiled sweetly before joining me on the other side of the bed and got under the covers, adjusting it over me.

"Is it okay if I hug you?" I asked in a low voice, fidgeting with my fingers.

I would have been so embarrassed if this was a normal day but I wasn't. Because I needed a good loving hug to calm myself a bit. I needed someone to love me softly, not like how that men did. The memory itself made me shiver.

Brandon didn't say anything in response, instead he quietly wrapped his arms around me tightly as I did the same and snaked my hands over his waist. I buried my face into his chest and he tightened his grip around me, releasing one arm to run a hand over my hair slowly and gently.

"I saw you getting... slapped." He said softly in a nervous tone, probably because he wasn't sure if I was ready to talk about it.

Actually I wasn't. But it was Brandon and somehow I wanted to tell him everything. I wanted to blurt out the whole incident including each and every tiny detail but I didn't. I don't know why but I kept my mouth shut.

"Hmm..."

"Did it hurt a lot?"

Tears pooled in my eyes again, a lump forming in my throat. I tried to keep my voice steady as I answered, miserably failing at that. "Yeah... A lot..."

There was a bit of a long pause before I heard his voice break the silence again. But it wasn't from a word. It was a stiffled sob.

Is he...

...crying?

"I'm so sorry Kara."

"For what?" I muttered, not lifting my face up.

"I should've come sooner for your help. If I did, you wouldn't be like this now..." His voice got low to the point I could barely hear. I removed my face from his torso to look at him. Taking my hands away from his waist, I cupped his face and wiped away the tears that made my heart ache.

Is this how he feels when he sees me crying?

"Then think about what would've happened if you hadn't come."

"No I don't wanna imagine it. You're safe here with me and that's all I want." He kissed my forehead lovingly before caressing my cheek and hugging me again. "Don't cry anymore. I'm here with you."

"You too don't cry again." I said.

"Okay, I won't."

Pause again.

"Thank you for saving me."

"You talk too much. Just hug me tightly and sleep. I'm staying here with you so don't worry."

I smiled against the fabric covering his upper body and did as he said, closing my eyes. It was amazing how I felt the safety I had whenever dad was around me, when I'm with Brandon too.

"Good night." He uttered before kissing my head and stroking my hair.

I love it when he strokes my hair...

"Good night." I replied, my voice muffled as I buried my face deeper into his torso, inhaling his scent and earning a chuckle from him.

"I'm not gonna let anyone hurt you Kara. Not anymore. You're mine and I will protect you."

I heard Brandon's faint mumble just before I drifted off to sleep. It made a smile form itself on my face.

[A/N]
554 total reads and 91 votes?! Am I dreaming?! I see a ranking on my story too!! I'm dreaming right?! Thank you so much guys this is unbelievable for me❤❤❤❤❤