Chapter 6 a beautiful sky

They already finished having dinner and Tine asked Sarawat if he wanted to go with him for a walk on the boat deck. Sarawat nodded and they reached the deck through the grand staircase. Sarawat opened the door and Tine went out, the feeling was incredible, the fresh wind of that eveing was so different from the warm air of the fist class lounge. 

"Its not that cold come on" Tine said as he saw Sarawat rubbing his arms with his hands

"Sh... shut up..." Sarawat replied stuttering and shivering. 

"walk, you will get warmer" 

"You don't gave that problem... you're already hot" Sarawat whispered

"What?" Tine asked looking back at him

"Nothing... nothing..." 

The moon was reflecting on the calm water below the ship, the shore was really far away and it was impossible to spot a light, there were just the bright ship and the starts above them, nothing else... and they needed nothing else. 

"Sarawat... have you ever been in love?" Tine asked without looking at him as he stopped near one of the lifeboats. 

"Me?"

"Do you see anyone else here?" Tine replied laughing

"yeah right... yes, but nothing serious actually... there's just one person that has a... special place in my heart... but I dont' think that that person will ever love me back..." 

"I'm disappointed Sarawat, you look so confident but you aren't brave enough to tell her what you feel?" Tine said, Sarawat looked at him, he tried to hide what he was feeiling in that moment but it wasn't easy at all

"it's ... difficult..." 

"nothing it's too difficult when it's related to love, we have to be brave when we love someone, right?" Sarawat smiled and nodded, he was listening to him, he was focusing on each single word but his eyes were focus on something else, they focused on the light of the moon that made him look even more handsome. 

"I think that's right... and what about you? Have you ever been in love Tine?" Tine blushed a bit but it wasn't so easy to notice that since the bluish light on the boat deck did a good work hiding that. He hesitated, he looked away and then back at Sarawat

"Y... yes...  a really... good and kind person... sometime a little silly... but a caring person" 

"Oh, is that me?" Sarawat said laughing since he knew that he couldn't handle that situation for much longer, Tine didn't have the time to answer that Sarawat already added

"I'm joking, well, I hope that she will notice soon" 

"Yeah... I hope that too. Let's go back inside, it's too cold here..." Tine said looking at the wooden floor and he started walking.

Both Sarawat and Tine didn't add anything during their way to their cabin. The maid asked Tine if he felt better than that afternoon but Tine just nodded instead of a full answer like he used to. 

The german diplomat Fischer was drinking a glass of brandy in the smoking room of the ship while his orderly was in another place that Fischer ignored. 

"Did you send the message? Did you receive anything?" Fukuda asked to the receptionist

"I'm sorry sir, we sent it but we didn't receive anything sir. However we will immediately call you when we will receive the asnwer" 

"Thank you..." Fukuda replied. He statyed walking until Meyer stopped him

"Fukuda san?" 

"Oh, good evening herr Meyer, what may I do for you?" Akio asked trying to hide that  he wanted to go away even if he didn't have much to do

"I was in the library and I found a book... but my japanese isn't perfect and I was wondering if you could help me with a few kanji that I can't translate" 

"Yes of course" Fukuda replied smiling

"Thank you, so... this one and... this one" 

"Alright... the first one means ... umm... how do you  say... oh right, distinguished, and the second one is... love..." 

"Why didn' t I notice that? It was one of the first that I learned, silly me" Karl said laughing. 

"Thank you Fukuda san, bye" the young guy said as he left to go back to his cabin. 

Fukuda looked at the guy who left, he was so kind and all, he was just like Ryo... Suzuki Ryo... 

In the meanwhile, on the bridge of the ship

The captain came back after dinner and wanted to check the situation before going to his cabin. The first and second officer were there 

"First officer..."

"yes sir"

"Speed?"

"20 knots sir" 

"Full steam ahead... I dont' want to arrive late or we might get into trobles in Osaka"

"yes sir, full steam ahead sir" the first officer repeated as he reached the lever of the telegraph engine 

"Good, is everything organized for the safety drills?"

"yes sir, we will do that on the way to Jemulpo, teh sea between Japan and Korea should be the safest place to stop the engine" the second officer replied

"Alright, well, call me if there something wrong, goodnight"

"Goodnight sir" the two officers replied. 

The first officer came closer to one of the large windows of the wheel room, the other one looked around

"wow... it's cold tonight... I think I will make a cup of tea... do you want some?"

"No thank you, you should call someone else to make it for you, what if the lookout calls and there's no one picking the phone up?" 

"Oh come on, I don't think that we will sink just because of a cup of tea" the second officer replied laughing

"yeah you're probably right... you know what? I want a cup of tea too, thank you" 

"You're welcome." 

A N    I wanted to ask you to share your thoughts about this story, do you think it's too obvious? Are their reactions weird or unrealistic?