Chapter 14 Suspect

The ship left Jemulpo when it was lunchtime. Tine wanted to go to the first class dining hall as they usually did but Sarawat asked why they couldn't go to the restaurant ° la carte, without Fischer or anyone else.

"I don't know Sarawat... don't you think that it would seem a little mean? We can go on dinner if you really want..." Tine replied whining

"Oh please... I just want to spend some time... with you... what am I asking for? Just an hour or so... it won't be that much... please." 

"Ok ok..." Tine replied, as he did so Sarawat smiled and called one of the two maids and said

"Would you call the restaurant and ask them if they still have a free table for us two?" the maid nodded and went to the reception to book a table for them. 

As they finally arrived at the restaurant and reached their table Sarawat couldn't believe what was going on, he was so happy and he was afraid that it was too obvious. 

Ther table was near the large window, it was like they were just them and the sea... anything else... but actually there was someone else

"Goodmorning sir, do you want to order?" the waiter asked as he arrived, Sarawat looked at him but he sighed as he saw something that he didn't like at all... and I'm not talking about the waiter

"Oh, Miss Nakano, you're here too!" Tine said as he stood up and bowed to kiss her hand. Sarawat hoped that she could go away just as she came there... but there was something that he didn't calculated... Tine

"yes sir, it's a real pleasure to meet you again, I'm going to my table now" she said after greeting Sarawat too and she was ready to leave, but Tine insisted

"are you alone ma'am?"

"Yes... actually yes..." she replied with a nervous smile, Sarawat glared at Tine and added

"I don't think that... ummm..." 

"Do you want to join us?" Tine asked, she didn't know what to say so Tine continued before she could even reply and asked the waiter that was still standing in front of them

"May we had a seat? Yes? Oh good, please ma'am, sit with us" she nodded as the waiter took a chair from another table. 

Tine looked so excited, it was something that Sarawat couldn't explain... what did that mean? Was it a revenge for what he did when he was drunk? Or maybe he was just.... serious? Sarawat felt that he could start screaming and crying at any moment but he just remained calm like nothing happened. 

Sarawat just looked at them helplessly, they kept chatting for what it felt like hours while he was there playing with what was left of the lamb he had in his plate. 

Retreat, that was the only word that had a meaning in such a situation, Sarawat stood up and went to the toilet... he looked at himself in the mirror, he thought about what he could do... what he couldn't and so on... 

"If he wants... to love someone else... he has to know what I feel..." Sarawat said before coming back to the table, Tine smiled at him and said

"Wow... it was fast, wasn't it?" Tine said laughing, miss Nakano was about to laugh too... but she couldn't because of what was happening in front of her. 

Sarawat looked pretty angry, he leant on the table, grabbed Tine's shirt to force him to come closer to him and kissed him in front of anyone else... that was clear right? everyone was staring at them and Tine's eyes widened in shock, what the hell was wrong with that guy? Why Sarawat had to act always like that? Did he thought about that for a moment? Well... you'll see...

"Why are you still here? Are you alright Sarawat?" Tine asked worried as he entered the restroom, Sarawat looked at him noticing the concern in his eyes. Sarawat was still about to cry... the ideal scenario that he described in his head... the kiss... and every little detail... was perfect... but still unreal and he had to deal with that... 

He had to deal with that, he couldn't kiss Tine since he was sure that he didn't want that, he didn't know if he actually could accept his fate... but he knew that he had to do so.

Dear reader, do you still remember what I told you before? Sarawat's like to calculate... but he always forget one small... but important factor... Tine. 

"Follow me" Tine said with a really serious tone. Sarawat looked at him confused but he followed him to the table. Tine didn't sit down and bowed in front of miss Nakano

"I'm really sorry ma'am... but I don't feel... good at the moment... I'm sure that we will meet again, bye" she just waved her hand. Sarawat was almost angrier now that he heard that meet again but he remained silent. 

Tine grabbed his wrist and after a long walk they reached the boat deck. No one was there and Tine looked around to check if really nobody was there. 

"Why did you take me h..." Sarawat stopped immediately as Tine... 

As Tine stepped backwards Sarawat covered his lips with his hand

"You... you kissed me..." Sarawat said stuttering

"Yes... I... I apologize but... I couldn't stand this anymore... I think ... I think I love you Sarawat..." 

I love you too Tine... but these words just died in his throat and before he could reply Tine ran away.