Chapter 30 The End

At the end even the third class passengers came back inside, the noise was unbearable, the steam was coming out of the funnels at an high pressure, the stokers had to vent that hot steam out of the boilers, they couldn't let the cold water reach the hot steam of the boilers and blow up the entire ship.

The atmosphere was surreal, in the lower decks, in boiler rooms and cargo holds the officers were still checking the damages, sailors were doing their best to close the sabotaged watertight doors and the engineers had to keep the lights of the ship on, and all this just to keep the passengers calm and give them enough time to evacuate the ship. 

"Sir! Sir!" a guy shouted, the captain turned and as he noticed that he was a guy from the radio room he ordered him to go inside so that they could talk without yelling. 

"So?"

"An hospital ship received our message sir, it will be here in two hours" 

"Thank you..." the captain said, the guy left the room and two officers entered

"Sir, the lifeboats are almost ready, we need only other five minutes" the third officer said

"Good, what about you?" the captain said looking at the other officer

"Sir, the pumps are doing a great job and we're managing to close the sabotaged emergency doors, we calculated everything and..." 

"And?"

"The ship will sink in three hours at least sir" 

"Thank God... you can go now" 

Tine was really lucky, he went back to his cabin before the steward could lock them in order to prevent other passengers to come back to their cabin and be in danger, he was back at the entrance of the first class on the boat deck, he was bored, not a single passenger knew what was going on and the officers tried their best to look as calm as possible so that no panic could spread. 

"Where the hell are you Sarawat?..." Tine whispered, he was sitting on an armchair when a lady and her young son arrived, he stood up so that she could sit down and he went closer to the railing of the grand staircase

"Come back..." he said still thinking about Sarawat and he istinctively started playing with the ring his boyfriend gave him, suddenly the ring fell off his hand but he managed to catch it before it could fell into the void, the staircase was built in a way that could let you see the great glass dome even from the lowest deck that a first class passenger could reach, the F deck... Tine looked below him... only to see the water that was slowly flooding the F deck... he finally understood what was going on... the ship was sinking and he didn't know where Sarawat was.

"So, I'm going to check the D deck... would you like to check the C deck Sarawat?" Fukuda asked, as Sarawat nodded they both started looking for Ryo, it was a bloody sinking ship, where could he be? 

he kept looking for him for minutes but finally, when he was going back to the staircase he heard someone from the deck below, it was pretty weird actually, in a normal situation it would be really difficult since the first class is usually pretty noisy, the people chatting and the band playing... but now it was different, the band and all the passengers were on A deck waiting for the lifeboats to be ready

"Come on... or I'll kill him..." 

"Ok ok... I'm moving... but calm down..." 

It was miss Nakano and Ryo, he was certain about it, Akio went downstairs, he was shocked as he saw the korean lady holding a gun in her hands

"Miss... Nakano?" Akio said

"Oh, look Ryo! Your boyfriend is here to save you!" she said chuckling