twelve

Geralt got up to begin fishing at the river which laid only a few meters from their campsite

Geralt got up to begin fishing at the river which laid only a few meters from their campsite. The sound of the water's ripples were calming, but the water did not look inviting to Beryl. He tossed the net into the water. Beryl learned that she quite liked Geralt's body against hers. She leaned her body onto Geralt's, attempting to push him off his feet, but his stance didn't falter. It was as if she weighed nothing to him, which was why it was so easy to lift her up while they had sex - something she very much enjoyed. She rolled her eyes and pushed off him.

Suddenly, Beryl heard a very familiar voice.

"Geralt, Beryl! Hello, what's it been, months? Years? What is time, anyway? I heard you two were in town. Are you following me, you scamp? I mean, I'm flattered and everything, but you should really think about getting a hobby one of these days," said Jaskier as he sipped from a flask. "Ugh! Do you want some?"

Geralt showed no reaction.

"'How are you doing?' I hear you ask," shouted Jaskier.

"I didn't," Geralt muttered.

Beryl shook her head. It was only a matter of time before the two males got into another argument.

"Well, the Countess de Stael, my muse and beauty of this world, has left me!" Jaskier announced. "Again. Rather coldly and unexpectedly, I might add. I fear I shall die a broken-hearted man. Or a hungry one, at the very least, unless somebody facies sharing a fish with an old friend? Or are we not using friend? Yeah, sure. Let's just give it another decade. Geralt, you're fantastic at a great many things, but clearly fishing is not one of them. What are you fishing for exactly? Is it cod? Carp? Pike?"

Frustrated, Geralt tossed the net back into the water. "I'm not fishing. I can't sleep," he admitted. "I'm looking for a djinn."

"A dj - like a genie? The floaty fellas with the bad tempers and the banned magics, that kind of genie?" Jaskier clarified.

"Yes, it'll grant me wishes. It's in this river somewhere. And I can't fucking sleep!" He shouted at Jaskier, causing him to flinch. "Beryl won't even help."

"Hey, I told you I wasn't getting into that disgusting water. I have standards, Geralt," she retorted.

"Really?" asked Jaskier. "I'd assume with all your baby-making in the air, you would have no trouble sleeping after exercising."

"We're not baby-making," interjected Beryl.

Jaskier shooed her away with his hand as he continued to pester Geralt until he fished a small clay pot out of the lake.

"Wow. Wow. What is - What is that?" Jaskier asked.

"It's a wizard's seal," replied Geralt as he inspected the stopper. "The djinn."

"Do you mind if I - " Jaskier grabbed it.

The two began to fight for the pot, tugging it back and forth until Geralt accidentally pulled out the stopper. Jaskier upended the pot, but nothing happens. Until, a sudden breeze ruffled their hair.

"Djinn, I have freed thee, and as of this day, I am thy lord," announced Jaskier. "Firstly, may Valdo Marx, the troubadour of Cidaris, be struck down with apoplexy and die. Secondly, the Countess de Stael must welcome me back with glee, open arms and very little clothing. Thirdly - "

"Jaskier!" Geralt exclaimed, grabbing the back of Jaskier's top and pulling him backward. "Stop! There are only three wishes."

"Oh, come on, you always say you want nothing from life. So how was I supposed to know you wanted three wishes all to yourself?"

"I just want some damn peace!" Geralt shouted.

"Well, here's your peace!" Jaskier shouted, throwing the pot to the ground where it breaks.

"Oh - how I wish this was a simple baby-making session," Beryl retorted.

Geralt bared his teeth at Jaskier and growled before bowing down to collect the pieces, missing the fresh cut on his forearm. The wind intensified and Jaskier raised a hand to his throat.

"Geralt... Geralt... It's the djinn!" Jaskier rasped.

Geralt instinctively used his hand to shoot out a pulse of blue energy to shove the djinn away from the three. Beryl rushed over and held up Jaskier as he hunched over and vomited blood onto the ground.

"Quickly, we need a healer or he'll die," said Beryl.