epilogue

Beryl and Geralt continued their journey together after the incident with Yennefer

Beryl and Geralt continued their journey together after the incident with Yennefer. After Jaskier left Geralt after their quest with the dragons, Beryl decided it was time for her to leave as well. Geralt didn't quite beg for her to stay, but it was a soft-spoken discussion once they were alone and far away from prying ears and eyes.

Beryl didn't quite feel comfortable that Geralt and Yennefer were somewhat connected, but he told her that it was a mere coincidence. He didn't feel anything for her, claiming that fate had nothing to do with it.

He reminded her that they always found each other no matter the circumstances. Beryl agreed with him but still reminded him that she had a kingdom to take care of. She asked Geralt to come with her, but she already knew his answer. He declined because he had to find Ciri and get her to safety.

"And when you find her, bring her to Fiopha. We can help keep her safe."

There was that underlying fear that Nilfgaard would attack Fiopha, and Beryl knew it to be a possibility. Her kind wasn't large in numbers after the first war against the sirens, and now she had no alliance with Cintra. It was only a matter of time before Nilfgaard took their ships to the oceans in search of Fiopha, but she would do whatever it took to protect her people.

She would never admit it, but she felt her time was coming near. When the time came, she would be a fallen Queen who fought for her people, not a Queen who fled a war. She would rather die in honor than flee like the first war. Her parents had died for her and their people. She would do the same.

Geralt had noticed an uneasiness in her when they spoke. There was a faraway look in her eyes, but they both said nothing. She grabbed his collar and pulled him in for a kiss. His hands grabbed onto her waist, pulling her into his body.

"Why did that feel like a goodbye kiss?" he asked.

She chuckled. "It's not, but we can't see in the future. I'm looking forward to seeing you in the future, Geralt of Rivia. If we truly are meant to be, then we will find each other once more."