sixteen

The scent of lilac and gooseberries caused Geralt and Beryl rampage around the town, attacking all Yennefer's enemies, which culminated in Geralt publicly spanking somebody

The scent of lilac and gooseberries caused Geralt and Beryl rampage around the town, attacking all Yennefer's enemies, which culminated in Geralt publicly spanking somebody. If Beryl was conscious of her actions, it was obvious she would be jealous. The act would have gone on longer if local constable is able to wrangle him and toss him into a jail cell.

Chireadan, Beryl, and Geralt were shackled.

"Wake up. Wake up!" Chireadan commanded.

Geralt grunted and opened his eyes to find the elf staring down at him. "Chireadan."

Chireadan sighed. "At long last."

Geralt sat up with a groan and looked around. "Where are we?"

"At the spa," he sarcastically replied. "Where do you think we are? I hope your rampage was well worth it."

Geralt stood up, glancing at a sulking Beryl in the corner. "Rampage? What did I do?"

"Where to begin? You...attacked a pawnbroker in his shop, kicking him in the delicate places."

Geralt hummed.

"You also dragged the apothecary into the street, pulled down his pants and thrashed his arse with a belt. Both are on the town council, who are voting to usurp the mayor and kick Yennefer out. Any of this ring a bell?"

"Like a faded dream," Geralt replied.

"She had you enact revenge on her behalf. I tried to stop you, but the guards assumed I was there to abet. Meanwhile, the mermaid made out with women."

Another form of substance for mer-folk was psychical affection with humans. It wasn't very filling, so mer-folk preferred human flesh.

Geralt looked over at Beryl who shrugged. "I don't remember anything, so don't look at me with that unimpressed face of yours."

"The sentence will be passed by the very council member you attacked. It is sure to be death," said Chireadan.

"I suppose that's one way of getting some rest," Geralt joked.

Beryl made a face. "Was that supposed to be a joke? Because I'm not very fond of dying."

"Why on earth would you enlist the mage's help after my warning?" Chireadan asked. "It's like you thought the scorpion was prettier than a spider because of its lovely tail."

Geralt scoffed. "You weren't exactly forthcoming."

Chireadan shrugged. "I admit I could've better prepared you for Yennefer."

Geralt cocked his head, giving Beryl a good view of his artery. Gods, she was hungry. If she didn't murder and eat anyone during her blackout, then that could only mean Yennefer didn't want blood spilled.

"You're under her spell, aren't you?" Geralt asked.

Chireadan shook his head. "I wish I was, but no. It's a simple issue of body chemistry."

"You're in love with her?" he questioned.

"And I think perhaps you may understand me."

A doors opened and the giant bald guard approached their cell. "I thought it would take longer to build the scaffold," the guard spat out.

"Ah - fuck," Geralt cursed.

"Here you are. Remember me? Did not know you were a Witcher. I've always wanted to play with one," said the guard as he started beating Geralt, slamming his face against the ground. "What's the difference between a Witcher and a tub of dung?" He pulled Geralt up to knee him in the face.

Geralt chuckled. "Ah, I know that one."

The guard pulled Geralt to his feet, punched him in the back, then in his face. "What is repulsive, deviant and cannot smell?" He punched Geralt's face. "A Witcher without a nose."

Geralt fell to his hands and knees, groaning in pain. Beryl growled, struggling against the chains around her wrists.

"Last words, Witcher. Make them good."

Geralt growled. "I want you to burst, you son of a whore."

A sudden breeze blew through the cell and the guard's head exploded. The blood splattered onto Chireadan and Beryl's faces. She licked the blood off her lips, tilting her head back in pleasure.

Chireadan gasped. "You're the one with the wishes."

Geralt pulled up his sleeve to find a second cut on his forearm.

Beryl whimpered. "Can I eat him? He's already dead."

Geralt glanced at her. He grabbed the guard's keys and unlocked the shackles, then unlocked Beryl's shackles. She dove for the man, hungrily eating his flesh. Chireadan made a disgusted face as he watched over while Geralt unlocked the shackles on her.

"This is who you are in love with?" Chireadan questioned.

Geralt grunted. "I never said that."

"Oh, you didn't have to say it."