30. "Forgive and forget"

Damn. Final chapter guys.

You're welcome to listen to a sad song while reading this chapter :))

"It's okay. I deserve it."

You woke up with a start. You gasped for air, glipping your eyes a little. You shot a few glances at the room you were in - Rapunzels. You laid in her king-sized bed, and the room was lit up from the sunshine, coming through the windows.

You looked down at yourself and saw, that someone must have changed your clothes. You were in a red T-shirt and black night shorts. You shrugged. It was comfy.

For a moment everything seemed normal. Like how it used to be. But then you remembered yesterday's events, and you hurried out of bed.

You had saved Corona yesterday. Almost by yourself. And you had saved Varian. Where was he? Where was your brother? And Cass and Rapunzel?

You looked back at the bed. It looked like Raps had slept there too. So where was she now?

You reached for the door, but just before doing so, you hesitated. Were you prepared for what you were going to see? What if some of your friends actually had died? What if Varian had turned evil again? What if the villagers had...

Your eyes shot wide open, as you burst through the door, running through the hallway.

The villagers were probably not too happy with Varian right now. You had to find him, and mentally prepare a Varian-defending speech.

Please, dear lord, say he's okay, say he's okay. You kept saying to yourself.

Your guts told you to head for the throne room, so that was what you did. You ran as fast as you could, and pictures in your head popped up, from when you had run this exact same place, not in order to find Varian but to escape from him.

You shook your head and scrunched your no. The past is in the past, right?

You stopped right outside the doors to the throne room, putting an ear to the door. You listened closely.

"I just don't... It doesn't seem fair..." It was Rapunzel's voice speaking. You couldn't help but feel a great relief, just by hearing her voice again.

"It doesn't seem fair?" Another voice repeated. King Frederic. "I tell you what isn't fair. That he nearly killed us all. What he put all the villagers through. Some of them lost their lives because of the moon-creatures, because of him. Remember what he did to our kingdom. He took everything it stood for. The happiness, the sun... If it hadn't been for (Y/n)..."

"I don't think (Y/n) will allow it." Your brother spoke. Once again, the weight from, your shoulders lifted. Eugene was okay.

"And that's exactly why we're not going to tell her." King Frederic said. Haha, jokes on him. But for real, they were talking about Varian. But what was it, that didn't seem fair, and they weren't going to tell you?