Chapter One

Chapter One

                        Every single morning is the same. Get up, get dressed, eat something, and then go to school for seven hours. Mornings are always boring since nothing exciting usually happens, but this morning was kind of different.

            I had woken up, showered, dressed in a pair of skinny jeans, a white tank top, and then put on unbuttoned blue and white plaid shirt. My dirty blonde hair was its usual curly self and my unnaturally light blue eyes had eyeliner around it with mascara on my eyelashes.

What was so different about this morning?

Well, when I left my room I ran into someone coming out of Melissa’s room and that someone was a guy. And usually if she has a guy staying the night, it means she’s dating them. So I was shocked to see Noah Andrews, well not really that shocked considering he sleeps with every girl there, coming out of Melissa’s room because from what I saw yesterday, she was doing my boyfriend, well ex now.

“What are you doing here?” I asked Noah, raising an eyebrow.

He smirked. “Your sister”.

I rolled my eyes.

“Whatever, I’m going downstairs,” I mumbled and headed down the stairs.

When I entered the kitchen, my parents were sitting at the island sipping coffee. Mom was texting away on her new Blackberry Torch, and Dad was reading the newspaper.  If you’re wondering why they’re not a work it’s because they have a day off. They have them at least once a week. They stay at home, and let others do the work.

“Uhm, morning mom, dad,” I said, giving a small smile even though it didn’t reach my eyes.

No answer from either of them. They didn’t even make a movement to acknowledge me in some sort of way. It was like they were deaf and couldn’t hear a thing. My smile fell from my face and a bit of my heart dropped.

They were supposed to be my parents. And yet they ignore me like I’m nothing to them.

Sighing, I looked through the cupboards to find a granola bar to eat; when I heard some footsteps enter the kitchen. I already knew it was Melissa and Blake, so I continued to search for a granola bar.

“Good morning Mom! Good morning Daddy!” chirped Melissa.

Why the hell is she so happy? It’s just another boring day. I turned around to see Melissa sitting down with Noah beside her.

“Morning sweetie! How are you?” Mom smiled at her, along with Dad.

“Happy. Oh, and I’m coming home late because of cheerleading practise but Blake here will give me a ride home since he has football practise too,” she smiled.

I rolled my eyes.

“Well, I’m going now. Bye Mom, Dad,” I announced, walking past them but they didn’t say anything as usual. Hurt, I left the house grabbing my keys and bag and left the house slamming the door in the process. I unlocked my black Nissan 350z and got in the driver’s seat. I started the engine and pulled out of the driveway and headed towards the school.

-

“Hey Taylor!”  Sammy greeted, smiling a fake smile at me.

Rolling my eyes, I gave her a fake smile and said hi and then left her.

I don’t even have any real friends. Everyone pretty much uses me to get to my sister. Even guys now, but I learned to ignore them since I found Melissa and Jacob (my ex) in my room.