Chapter Two

Chapter Two

            Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep.

I groaned and opened up my eyes, only to blinded by the light in the white room.

Blinking my eyes repeatedly to get my vision cleared, I looked around the room.  I was clearly in the hospital, and my wrist on my right arm was in a cast. I had some scratches and bruises on both arms. Some of the bruises were dark, yet the other ones were light, and you could see they were fading away.

I tried sitting up, but I winced in pain.

Memories from what happened came flooded back into my head.

The school, the crash, the windows breaking, and then darkness.

I sighed and closed my eyes preventing the tears to fall from my eyes.

I didn’t want to cry.

But I shouldn’t be alive either.

It was obvious people didn’t want me alive. Heck, my own parents didn’t even bother saying anything to me. I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t know I even existed!

I heard the door open and I opened my eyes to see the doctor smiling at me.

“Ah, Ms.Jules I see you have finally woken up,” he said.

“How long have I been out?” I asked.

“Well, about a week. But, I can see you are perfectly fine now,” he answered.

I nodded.

A week, huh.

Not like anyone missed me. I don’t think anyone even visited for that matter.

“Did anyone visit?” I asked, curious to know the answer.

He gave me a sad look and shook his head.

“No. Your parents came and signed some papers but then left right after that. They’re here to pick you up in an hour though,” he said.

“Oh,” was all I said.

I was right; no one did care enough for me to visit.

“Oh! By the way, there is a gift for you that someone dropped off but he didn’t say his name,” said the doctor. “Wait here, let me go get it!”

With that he left the room.

Someone had gotten me a gift?

What?

A few minutes later, the doctor came in holding a vase of roses and a small wrapped package.

“Here you go,” he smiled, and left.

The red rose were beautiful. There was at least nine real roses and a fake plastic one for some reason. I scanned over the small wrapped package and decided to unwrap it.

As I unwrapped it, I noticed it was white velvet box with a pendant on the top. I opened it and gasped at what I saw.

Inside the small white velvet box, was beautiful silver key necklace that had a heart at the top of it. Underneath the necklace was a small card that had my name written on it. Opening the card, I read what was written.

Taylor Jules,

            Don’t listen to what the students say. In my eyes you are a beautiful, independent girl. I gave you this heart key necklace to symbolize, that you will hold the key to my heart because I love you. Always have, always will.