Chapter Four

Chapter Four

  The next day, I didn’t go to school.

Why? Because I was puking my guts out. I had the flu, so I stayed in my room sleeping half the day.

My head was pounding and stomach was hurting.

No one was at home to help me.

We didn’t have maids because we didn’t need them, so I was fending for myself.

Sighing, I got out of my bed and went downstairs to get a glass of juice. I entered the kitchen and opened the fridge and grabbed the juice pitcher and a cup from the cabinet. I poured my juice and went back upstairs.

I still felt like crap and I still kept puking my guts out.

I felt so weak.

 -

For the next week, I was getting worse and worse. I missed school and I probably had a lot of catching up to do.

But something weird happened that week.

It was the middle of the week and my mom had just gotten home from work. She had noticed that I was sick and came up to check on me and asked how I was feeling and if I needed anything.

I was too shocked to answer and couldn’t find my voice, so I just shook my head. She left, but said to call her name if I needed anything.

After she had left, I was still in shock.

But it continued like that for the rest of the week. She’d come home and asked how I was feeling and would even make me soup for me.

I didn’t know why all of a sudden she was giving me attention and caring since she never has before. I wanted to ask her, but I was too afraid.

Finally, at the end of the week I had the courage to ask her when she came and dropped off some food for me.

“Uhm, mom?” I asked, as she set the food down on my side table.

She looked over at me and gave me a small smile.

“Yes?”

“Why are you giving me attention all of a sudden or even acknowledging that I exist?” I asked.

She hesitated before she answered.

“I-I, realized I wasn’t a good mother to you and I felt bad. After seeing you in the hospital and here, I started thinking I should be since I am to Melissa. Taylor, I’m sorry. Truly am sorry,” she apologized.

Her eyes were getting glassy as she was fighting tears back.

I gave her a small smile.

“I’m glad I have my mom back,” I told her.

“So am I,” she smiled and hugged me.

I hugged her back.

Now, at least one thing is going good, I thought.

I finally have my mom back after all these years.

“Oh, there was these beautiful white tulips and a card for you that someone left. Let me just go get it,” she remembered.

She got up and left the room for a few minutes only to come back with a bouquet of white tulips. I gasped at how beautiful they were.

“Here. I’ll just leave now,” Mom said, handing me the bouquet.

The card was on top of the flowers. I flipped it open and read what it said:

T.J,

            I’m sorry. Please forgive me. I'll make it up to you.

Love, Noah.

            P.S Feel better

I smiled. I knew the meaning behind white tulips.

Forgiveness.

Maybe I’ll forgive him since he did hurt me.

I probably have after seeing the white tulips.

And did he put love Noah?

It doesn't mean anything.

Right?

-

Author's Note:

I know it's a shitty chapter sorry! I decided to upload today since I stayed home and had no where to go since I was sick. 

Short, i know but I was feeling to well and I wnated to upload since many of seem too want me to. 

Comment. Vote. Fan - Whatever you'd like!

->  Susan! :)