8

Kanai was on her way to grab her brother's forearm and drag him all the way to their home. He made her run in their uniform, and for god's sake, he made her run a mountain(bearable enough)! But the instant he said that she froze.

This brat called Ushijima her boyfriend in front of him. He isn't that dense to know what a boyfriend meant. He even widened his eyes and froze at that moment too.

"Stupid! Of course, he is. That's Ushijima-san, brat!" She says trying to play it cool. Ushijima stopped freezing and looked rather confused at Kanai.

"Big bro, do you want to have breakfast with us?" Her brother asked and Ushijima didn't know how to respond.

"Hey, I didn't know you were gonna go home here in Miyagi. I thought you had games?" She asked while her little brother kept looking at him with a really bright smile, even if he lacked a tooth.

"I was going to call you, but I guess your brother found me." He was going to call me? She thought and felt all giddy inside.

"Have you eaten yet? We already ate but I got hungry from all that running." She said and gave her brother an icy glare. Her brother shuddered and hid behind Ushijima.

"I only had a snack." He answered honestly. Daiki took his hand and started to walk ahead of his sister.

"Then let's eat!" He said and walked quite fast for someone with short legs.

"Hey Ushijima, give me your bag." She said while they started to walk uphill.

"It's alright." He said but kept staring at her as if something was wrong.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked.

"Sorry, I sometimes forget that you always wear heels." She didn't know whether she was supposed to be offended or not, but she got one of his bags from his chest. The three kept walking until they reached her home.

"We're home!" Daiki yells as they leave their slippers and shoes outside the door.

Kanai drops his bag on top of the entrance wooden drawer and tells Ushijima that he could leave his bag there. Kanai grabs a shirt from the clean laundry basket and wears it on top of her tank top to cover herself(she doesn't really do that, she just felt extra aware of everything around her when Ushijima's around), while her little brother drags him to their dining area.

"Look Ushijima-san, our food is still warm! Sit down!" He tells him and they sat on the floor. Kanai enters the dining area with glasses and a pitcher of lemon water and sets it down on the table.

"Kanai-san, where's your mother? I at least have to let her know I am eating breakfast here."

"Don't worry, I called her. She's probably busy scolding grandpa though." She said and sat in front of the two.

"Itadakimasu!" They said before Daiki began digging in the onigiris on the side, which was meant to be eaten for much later, and the scrambled eggs in the middle. Ushijima kept in mind that he shouldn't eat that much, so he wouldn't be scrambling when her mother and grandfather come in.

"Try this one, grandpa made it." She puts the food on his plate before the long-awaited people come into the dining area.

"I hope you're having a good breakfast Ushijima-san." Her mother said before sitting down beside her daughter. The oldest in the household sits down while preparing tea on his side.

"I am, thank you Kanai-san."  He says before taking a bite of sushi.

"So how did the two of you meet?" Kanai suddenly became alert so whatever Ushijima had to say, she'll wait before kicking his knee lightly( she would go hard if only he didn't have a game ).

So he responded, "We met at school." and was able to hold back a choke.

"She asked how and not where kid." Her grandfather says while handing him and the others tea. All that could run through his mind was whether the tea given to him was poisoned or not. Luckily, Kanai(Asami) answers for him and he didn't have to worry about saying that she kissed him the first and third(they were drunk) time they met.

"We met at school, the open courtyard area, and he helped me hide from someone."

"That's odd. Well, I guess any relationships start from something odd." Her mother says and they all just listen.

"You wanna know how my son met their mother? He was already a captain at the time and their mother was in the gym beating up people during a sparring session. My son went there to exercise but fell into a bet instead. In the end, their mother bested a captain in the military." Said the grandfather. Ushijima felt like he had to say something so out of nowhere he blurts out,

"Your granddaughter ki-" He got cut off from saying the word kiss.

"I kicked his shin when we first met. He wouldn't help me at first." She said and discreetly shushed him. He drew his eyebrows closer together in bemusement.

"I see you still like to beat up people huh?" Her grandfather says and out of nowhere he smacks the crown of her head with a paper fan.

"Hey, that was long ago!" Ushijima immediately disagrees with this in his thoughts as he remembers the story of the pervert, the high school bullies that she made them kneel before her(he was there when they were walking together late at night to each other's homes when they encountered a bullying incident), and the snatcher who took an old woman's groceries.

Yeah, she still beats up people today.

Not that she was some kind of vigilante whatsoever. He's rather proud that she's doing it for the good of other people.

Ushijima smiles at the thought.

__________________

The breakfast for him and Kanai's mother, and the snacks( which were actually already considered a meal due to the heaviness) for Kanai and Daiki, were finally over. Ushijima thanked the Kanais for inviting him to their home. Along with Asami on his side, she leads him to the garage and lends him her black mountain bike.

"Thank you Kanai-san."

"You're welcome Ushijima. I hope you rest well while you're here in Miyagi." And of course, he'd rest well here in Miyagi. It was his home and he knew that Kanai was just there.

"By the way, make sure to return my bike." or rather make sure to visit tomorrow, but she wouldn't say that. She knew that he had to take another train since the area around Shiratorizawa High School was quite far.

"I will." And he would definitely come back.