34

When Asami finishes the project she crammed worth two weeks within just a day, she gets impressed with the outcome. Making plates wasn't easy at all but since she was very inspired and determined, she got to make it look as if she worked on the project for months. Wakatoshi welcomes himself into her home with a stuffed backpack and hugs her from behind, resting his head on the crook of her neck.

"What time would we be leaving?" He asked as he lets go.

It was her brother's seventh birthday on the weekend and when Asami asked what he wanted as a gift, her little brother simply asked to have her boyfriend around.
"I'll just stop by at the uni to submit this to my professor. After that, we can leave. We have a very long weekend!" She said before putting it in a folder to make her submission look way neater and get those plus points since she's handing it over before the long holiday.

Wakatoshi knew that after he graduates from his course he would be a full-time player traveling within Japan and outside internationally. They wouldn't be going to the same school anymore and that means they'll more likely see less of each other. Asami on the other hand has a few more years to study until she graduates from her course. He makes sure that all the free time he has now will be spent with her since he knows there wouldn't be much in the future.

"Something wrong?" She asks him when the way he looked at her made her worry.

"The course I took is a year shorter compared to yours. I am graduating soon and that means that I'll be busier." He answers honestly which makes Asami's lips pout furtively. He notices it and she sighs.

"So that means our relationship is slowly transitioning to a long-distance one, right?" She asks, somehow displeased with the fact.

Being an athlete wasn't an easy job and being a former one, Asami understood all the hindrances. Even if you were a varsity player for your school you already travel to far away places. What more if you were a professional?

"Yes."

Her mood changed and her eyes had more determination than ever.

"If that's the case then, you have to make me a promise." He nods.

Asami continues and says, "Whenever we're with each other that time is only for each other okay?"

"I promise."

She smiles at him and tells him to drop his bag first. They ride a bus to their school and he joins her in submitting her work. On their way home he asks, "Do I still have to earn your grandfather's approval?"

"His approval? Did you do something? What approval do you need?" She asks confused.

"I am dating you. I should know if he approves of me or not, because if not then I'll have to make him like me." She looks away to contain the fireworks in her body then turns her head back to him again.

"With that kind of comment, I am very sure he already likes you. He's just stubborn. And don't stress out about my grandpa, he's a total dork who pretends to be the superior one in the house. Worry about what you're gonna do with my brother." She said and rings the button by the window so that the driver of the bus would stop and drop them off by the waiting shed.

They head back to her apartment and grab their things to start heading back to their hometown.

"You got your train ticket right?" She asks him before they go to the station.

"Got it."

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

Asami looks at her boyfriend beside her as she drinks her cup of tea. Her grandfather looked Wakatoshi dead in the eye and hr surprisingly holding back well. Wakatoshi didn't know what to do so there happened to be a staring competition between the two. Asami's mother comes in with a tray of tea before settling it down on the table.

"You're tough." Her grandfather comments while looking away to blink his eyes and then grabbing his cup to sip.

"Thank you."

"Do you play martial arts too?" He asks inquisitively as he leans in.

"Dad, he plays volleyball for god's sake, not karate." Her mother says before leaving the room again to get light snacks.

"Hey, I just want to know if he could throw punches as hard as Asami does it!" He yelled at the retreating figure.

Asami knows that he could punch harder than she does. She hadn't practiced her sport for a few months now and she admits that college began to eat her fit shape.
Wakatoshi looked around and then his gaze landed on Asami. He was wondering where her brother was since that day was a holiday. Asami looks at Wakatoshi only for her to catch his questioning look.

"Something wrong?" She whispered her concern.

"Where is Daiki?"

"That kid is busy playing with his friends." Her grandfather answered him. What surprises the two is when he stands up to leave.

"Asami, show your boyfriend around. After that meet me at the dojo."

"Yes."

Did Wakatoshi hear her grandfather right? Did he want to meet them in the dojo? What was he going to do to them?

Asami holds his hand and shows him around the house since he was only able to visit their living room and the dining area. He looks at the small ornaments her home had and some paintings. His eye catches the pictures that were on top of a small table. It looked a lot like a young teenage boy in his blue judogi with several medals on his neck and a giant trophy. It was the same giant trophy behind the picture frame. Beside it were medals and another picture of the boy with some friends who seemed like a younger version of Oikawa and Iwaizumi.

"I didn't know you had a brother," Wakatoshi said pointing at the picture frame. Asami looks to where he was referring and her eyes widened.

"Oh." She said nervously. "Uh, fuck. I told mom to keep those in a photo album."

"Why? Is there something wrong with your brother?" He asked again.

"That's not my brother. That's me when I was younger." When she said that he looks at the photo again. The kid here had a bowl cut and their frame looked a lot like a guy's. Other than that, it seemed that the kid here looked like they were in their teenage years. He looks at the photo and looks at his girlfriend again.

"I didn't know your hair was this short." He said looking at her hair was wavy and reached right until the end of her ribs.

"Well, dad always wanted a son. So I've been dressed up like one since I was a kid." She said.

"So when did you start to grow your hair out?" He asked.

"Hmm, I started growing it out in the second year of high school."

"Your hair is pretty." He complimented and she smiles.

She leads him to another room. She slides open the door and lets him in. There was a clean mattress and a few pillows on the floor and a cabinet by the side. There was also a fan and a few other room decor in the room. She tells him, "This is where you'll be staying. If it gets hot you can open the AC."

He put his bag on the floor and asked, "We won't be sleeping together?"

"Grandpa always roams around at midnight because I used to escape. He walks around now for different purposes though. It's become like his routine." She explained and she noticed that he looked saddened.

"Alright."

She says, "Come on, my grandfather's waiting." She smirks after and told him.

"Don't worry, I'll sneak in!"