29

"Oh, Asami-paisen?" Yachi asked, kind of worried.

They were shopping for gowns to wear at Kiyoko's wedding the next month.

"Yeah?"

"Hmm. That's weird, you're wearing baggy pants. I thought you didn't like wide ones." Kiyoko asked Asami. They were all shopping for clothes.

Asami was definitely not going to disclose the fact that if she wore a flowy skirt or any kind of skirt for that matter, hickeys and lovebites would be displayed. She can't wear skinny jeans either because her legs were still sore after two days. It was a good thing that the hickeys on her neck were starting to fade, but it was still there.

"Eh, but I am killing these pants right?" Asami asked Kiyoko. Kiyoko was a biggie about fashion and she even worked at a sports clothing line.

"Hn. You look great especially matching it with a fitted turtleneck." Kiyoko complimented her and Yachi agreed.

"Thanks! Oh, and what do you want for your wedding gift?" Asami asks the about-to-be wedded.

"Money."

The three started to burst out laughing in the middle of the aisle while going through racks of gowns.

"Okay, I'll give you money." Asami mentally prepared herself to work her brain for more translating and started to think about commissioning art.

"God, I can't believe Kiyoko-paisen's getting married to a guy she said no to many times."

"I know right? It was just as if we were still highschoolers yesterday and now Kiyoko's getting married! Damn already successful and thriving." Kiyoko chuckled at her comment.

"What about you? How are things going with Ushijima-san?" Kiyoko asked her.

"I am about to meet his mother and grandmother sometime this week and I am scared," Asami said so while picking out dresses choosing the deep magenta colored gown, but an older woman's hand was already on it.

Embarrassed, she closed her eyes and apologized. She bowed and said,

"A-ah sorry! Didn't see you, you could take it!"

Kiyoko and Yachi were bewildered though. If someone else picked the same clothes as her, she would be fighting them to death until she fully grasps the clothes. Asami was selfish in those cases, but why was she like this. What they didn't know is that Asami had manners, despite how she displayed herself in public, but their high school days weren't overly pleasant at all.

However, she'll be at your throat if you support the old Japanese ideology in the 40s or an old pervert. This woman she apologized to looked like she was in her 40s or 50s. Her friends couldn't tell but she was pretty, but something about her intimidating aura was oddly familiar.

"Ah, it's okay. You have taste, Asami-san." Her eyes widened and looked at the woman in front of her who gave her a smile.

"U-ushijima-san!" She said. Asami was so not ready for this encounter. Her friend's eyes widened and didn't know what to do.

"Fancy meeting you here. Is a friend of yours getting married?" The woman asked Asami who started to tug her turtleneck upward.

"Ah, yes. We're shopping for gowns to wear at the ceremony."

"I see. I'll take my leave then. Wear this gown." She pointed at the gown they picked.

"Y-yes ma'am."

"Can I meet you again sometime? Somewhere without my son." That very line scared her.

"Sure." Asami hesitantly complied.