35

Asami and Wakatoshi sat on the blue mat of the dojo while her grandfather was busy fixing kick pads. Her grandfather calls her and says, "You're out of shape. Get dressed in your uniform."

She wanted to protest that she wasn't out of shape or at least not exactly out of shape but maybe just a little, yet she complies. She stands up to leave the room and wear her gi and belt, leaving the two men in the room. Her grandfather had this whole scenario plotted in his mind and starts it off by pretending to be in back pain. He lets out a painful sound and this alarms Ushijima.

"Kanai-san, are you okay?" Ushijima asked going near the elderly if he needed assistance. The old man just rubbed his back pretending to soothe non-existing pain and answers him, "I'm fine. I don't think I'll be able to hold these leg kick pads."

"I'll hold them for you." He said but he had no idea how to hold them properly.

"Oh, they're not really for me." The grandfather smiles and hands it to him which made the wing spiker even more confused.

"I am back!" Asami says with a wide smile on her face. Her eyes landed on Wakatoshi who was holding the equipment for her and her mouth makes an "O" shape.

"I didn't know you'd volunteer yourself Wakatoshi." She laughs hesitantly. "Uh, grandpa. Aren't we setting up the kick pads on the post like usual? Can't I use the punching bag instead?"

"What do you mean usual? Having people hold it is better!" Her grandfather explains as he takes a sit. "What are you waiting for? Do your warm-ups already." Asami couldn't disobey her elderly so she stretches. Wakatoshi on the other hand stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do.

"You can sit for a while if you want."

Oh god, this is awkward, he's never watched me practice before.

She thought as she lunges down and stretched her legs. "So uh, grandpa, you're going to stay?"

"Are you making me leave?"

"No." She said and laughs in a pompous manner. "Actually I thought I heard mom call you." Asami lied.

"Oh, she did?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, I'll check." He says standing up to leave. When he leaves the room, the couple finally breathes better. "Ah, I can't believe that old man!" She exclaims as she quickly sat down on the floor, completely forgetting about her warm-ups.

Wakatoshi tells her, "Asami, you haven't finished your warm-ups."

"Not you too!" she said.

"You have to practice. Your grandfather said that you are out of shape."

"I love my sport so don't get me wrong, but this is just so tiring! Can't I just run or something?" She complained but speaking of the devil, he comes back in.

"Practice your kicks." Her grandfather said as soon as he stepped in before closing the door. Asami secretly rolls her eyes and groans.

"You can put the kick pad there." She told Wakatoshi pointing at the wooden post.

"No, let him hold it."

She knew exactly what her grandfather wanted to happen. He wanted to use her as a threat to her own boyfriend. Asami already knew that Wakatoshi knows she could fight, he had seen it firsthand. So Asami lightly kicks the kick pad Wakatoshi held three times alternating between her right and left leg.

"Weakling." Her grandfather says and she kicks harder, making Ushijima stumble a bit. "You don't hold a kick pad like that!" Her grandfather yelled at him so Wakatoshi fixes his stance. He was supposed to slightly lean inwards.