9

As promised, Ushijima passed by the next morning to return her bike. Daiki kept pestering Ushijima to play volleyball with him and got upset when he told the boy that he had to run with a friend, but Kanai was somehow happy with the politeness in the way he responded to her brother. Now that Ushijima was gone and probably for the entire morning, she opens all her unread text messages.

Tooru-kun(/☆ㅅ☆)/ :

Sami-chan, guess who's back in Miyagi??
(う*^*)う It's your break, right? Right? Let's hang out soon with Iwa-chan~~ He said he's coming by this time too. Hang soon! just message me*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Sami-chan(+3+):

You're back in Japan??? Damn hang soon but when?? I missed hanging out with you!!

Tooru-kun(/☆ㅅ☆)/ :

Hehehe~ how bout now???? lets meet by the convenience store we always hang at!!!(งu-u)ง

Sami-chan(+3+)♡:

going in 5!\(ㅎㅅ ㅎ)/

Kanai immediately responded she missed her best buddies in high school! But then another message popped up from the screen of her phone and it was from Iwaizumi.

щ("Д"щ;)IWA-CHAN:

Trashikawa messaged me too, dont drag me into shit. Busy with life. see you soon though.

So she readies herself to the convenience store, it was still early anyway and it would be great to hang out with her best friend(too bad she could only see him as a friend). Putting on a hoodie over her plain white shirt and shorts, she runs out of the house and bids goodbye to her mother in the living room, who happened to watch a funny variety show. She jogged to the store and Oikawa was already there! Oikawa saw her from the windows and went out of the store to run up to her. They both ran into each other and ended up in a hug.

"Bitch I missed you!" She says while still in his arms.

"Bleh! I missed you too! The season is over in Argentina so I have like a 3-month break!"

"Did you win? You should've!" She said and they both started to roam around the prefecture.

"Nope but I got MVP! That's enough for me, but I want to win with my team. My next goal is to have my team win and get that MVP award." He said and they sat down by the nearby bench.

"That's cool, but I bet your Spanish sucks." She teases.

"Hey estoy aprendiendo." He says but the accent was a little thick.

"I only know English, but you've still got an accent on speaking that one."

Despite the rejection Oikawa received from the woman next to him, he still continues to smile and laugh. He knew better than to hold onto something he already knew was inevitable. They both knew that they could not go beyond the friendship that had been formed when they were still in middle school, especially when feelings weren't mutual.

Kanai rests her head on his shoulder like in the good old days and kept rambling about how they should've stayed in the store to buy food, particularly ice cream even if it was cold. Kanai tends to eat cold things like mochi and ice cream when the weather's windy.

As soon as he checked his message for Iwaizumi, Oikawa said, "Dumbass, Iwa-chan left me on read! I keep bugging him to come here because it's been so long and this is how he treats me?"

"Don't bother him. He's probably busy."

"Hey I know he replies to you but how about me? Does he leave me like this? He leaves me on seen all the time! I should've called."