20

Asami adds another thing and covers her mouth to whisper,

"Plus, you could kiss me anytime too."

Wakatoshi looks up to meet her beautiful dark eyes. He was speechless by her comment, and he did not know how to react. His eyes widen from realization.

"You feel the same way as I do?" He hesitantly asks, fearing that she wouldn't.

"What exactly is it that you feel?" She pouted and crossed her arms.

"A feeling where. . . I just want to be by your side." For such a huge man, a question from a woman with a petite figure scared him. He was afraid to tell her his answer, but he was glad that he did.

"That's exactly what I feel too!" She says in shock in a really loud voice. She even pointed at him and smacked her palm on the coffee table before laughing like an idiot. She laughed nervously because the other people looked at them. She bows to everyone for her unfiltered loud mouth and mouths sorry to every person she gets eye contact with.

She thinks they are soulmates.

She hopes he is her soulmate.

Who else could the universe offer to her, right?

"You know what, I am starting to get loud. Let's leave." Asami gets up and he follows behind, letting her lead to wherever she wanted to go.

They were now walking down the pavement side by side, heading to a green park they had recently discovered during their midnight escapades. She walks weirdly, not giving her confident strides in her heels. Wakatoshi noticed that she kept looking down and had her hands behind her.

He does not know what to say so he just tells her,

"Since you return the same feelings, is it official that I am your boyfriend? I-" He wanted to finish what he was saying but he got cut off by her.

"Yes, I want you to be my boyfriend." She stops walking and holds both of his hands.

"I meant lover. Wasn't that your preferred term?" She blushes hard when she hears this from him, but she doesn't deny it either.

"Whatever you want to call yourself, Wakatoshi-Kun. As long as I could call you mine, then go for it. You're my lover then." She smirks and he was caught off-guard.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

After Wakatoshi accompanied Asami to her home, he bid her goodbye. Asami on the other side was greeted by her nosy mother. Her mother was in her living room watching soap operas from a free channel before going towards the door to call out the ace.

Since when did her mother arrive at her home?

"Hey Ushijima-san,  do you want to have dinner with us?" Ushijima heard Kanai's mother call him as he was just walking away from her doorstep. He stops to turn around and greet the mother of his girlfriend with a good evening.

"Good evening Kanai-san." He greets her with a short bow.

"Ah, still a gentleman. Come inside! Let's have dinner okay?" She tells him and he could see Asami grinning at him awkwardly. The sun was just about to set, maybe he should have dinner with them.