25

Ushijima Wakatoshi does not know how to take in the information from his girlfriend. He sat on his bed dumbfounded as he stared at the photos in his handㅡ beautiful photos. He doesn't know what to do with such scandalous pictures in his hand but he loves it.

In lingerie or not, she's very beautiful.

He already misses her.

The next day of the tournament, Ushijima was insane. Hitting all of the sets tossed to him with powerful spikes, their opponents were on their knees. Ushijima was driven to score a lot.

When the match ended, they went back to their locker rooms to dry off their sweat and change into clean shirts. Romero approached him.

"That was an excellent play you have there Ushijima. You nailed all the spikes!"

I only understood excellent play and spikes. Ushijima thought. He really needed to work on his English and so does Hoshiumi and Kageyama.

"Thank you."

Kageyama pats his back and grins at him while Hosiumi snickered. They played with a world-class ace and he just greeted Ushijima. Kageyama and Hoshiumi were a little jealous.

"Damn, you'll have to pay me 10000 yen." Hoshiumi tells Heiwajima.

"What's going on?" Kageyama asked Hoshiumi as soon as he sees him pull his hand out asking for money from the older libero.

"I won the bet. Now give me my yen Heiwajima-san." The libero rolls his eyes and takes money from his wallet.

Ushijima went beside Kageyama and then asked, "What's happening?" 

He answered, "It looks like they made bets."

Upon hearing this, Ushijima told them, "You guys should be settling things on the court, not bets."

"You only won because Ushijima almost got all the tosses," Heiwajima tells Hoshiumi, the two not even minding what Ushijima said.

"Nah, HE SCORED THEM." Hoshiumi fought back before keeping his dirty money inside his leather wallet.

"Damn you did very well today Ushijima. Keep doing it will ya?" Heiwajima said while he fixed his clothes inside his gym bag.

"He'll keep doing that as long as his girlfriend leaves him souvenirs." Hoshiumi sang and Ushijima's ears perked up.

And that's when Ushijima freezes.

He quickly went in front of Hoshiumi, looked down, and gave him deadly glares showing intimidation and fear. Did he see the photos too?

But Hoshiumi Korai was already used to people looking down on him due to his height so he simply looks at him with a blank face.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Hoshiumi crossed his arms and then raised his brow at the taller male. "Besides, it did work. You didn't even bother to remove her lipstick the day we went on the train."

Oh.

So that was what he meant.

He probably would have committed murder if someone else saw the photos that were only meant for him. His look softens and immediately thought of Asami. He swears to himself that the first thing he would do was hug her when he comes back to Tokyo. He wanted to call her but he remembered that she was definitely going to be busy taking her exams at around this time.

"Yeah, it did." Wakatoshi agreed with Korai and simply backed down, sitting back on the steel grey benches.

He pulls his phone out from his bag to check the time and he realized that it was way past in the afternoon. He assumes that Asami was already at home by this time, so he presses the call button on her contact and Asami quickly picked up on the first ring.

"Wakatoshi-kun!"

He really misses her.

"Asami."

The rest of the team had their ears focused on his call as soon as they heard a woman's name. Was the person his girlfriend?

"I was watching your game and I swear you're fired up today! Keep doing that until you get the gold medals on Friday, alright?"

" Yeah, I will."

"So, what did you think of my gift? Hehe." Her small chuckle at the end makes his lips curve upwards.

Kageyama and Hoshiumi glance at their senpai and make comments about it to each other. They couldn't imagine the stoic man chuckling and having his ears turned red. It was as if they thought that they were hallucinating. This sight was rare.

"What was I supposed to do with it?"

"Anything! It's for you. I am very amazed that it actually made you go crazy on the court. See? I guess I should keep doing this."

Oh my, he was gonna get more photos?

"I always do my best when I play."

"Ah, but the drive's always 'I want to win', right?"

"Yes."

"Let me be your new drive~," She tells him and he chuckles at her confidence in flirting.

He's been thinking about flirting and he believes that he does need to know how to flirt. He could always ask some of his friends who were good with people to teach him some lines, but he doubted.

"Can we turn it into a video call? I want to see you."

And damn these teammates of his were squealing; he didn't even know! He was too lost in his world of only him and her.

"Sure."

We get to see how she is and what she looks like.

His teammates thought so they went a little closer to him to get a view.

"I miss you so much!"  She instantly waved her hand at him and so did he.

His teammates thought she was beautiful.

"You know I just realized that you're hands are actually big." She observed when he waved back at her.

This was a good opportunity for him on the other hand. He thought of that one time he witnessed Tendou play out some flirty lines when they were studying way back in his dorm when they were still in high school.

So his hands were big.

"Do you want to know what's bigger?" Kanai blushes very hard and Kageyama spits out his grape Gatorade.

Everyone in the room was dead silent and Kanai was heavily embarrassed.

"Aren't you in the locker room with your teammates?"

"I am. Why?"

"You don't want to talk about this in private?"

Yeah, didn't he want to talk about it in private? His team members thought.

"I have no shame in letting them know."

Now Korai and Tobio were gagging from the drinks that got caught in their windpipes. The older members couldn't grasp the situation going on either.

"Fine. What's bigger than your hands?"  She finally asked and the rest were listening intently.

"My love for you."  And his love for her was immeasurable.

"Flirt!" Hosiumi Korai calls from the background and throws a towel at him while the others weren't disappointed at all. In fact, if he did answer something else, they would be convinced that Ushijima Wakatoshi was abducted by aliens and replaced with a decoy.

"This is how you flirt with me huh?"

"You don't like it? Do you want something else to do?"

"You're so cute! Anyways I finished my exams and I feel like I going to ace them with flying colors! Wish me luck. Ah, stupid penㅡ"  Suddenly she gets caught off by the frame, it looked like she was reaching for something. After that, he heard scribbles of a pen against paper. She comes back to the screen and smiles at him.

"I have to go. What time could I call you again later?"

"You can call me anytime babe."