19

Asami had another man under her again. As she twisted the arm behind the man, he groaned in pain. Not wanting to remain nearby, she stands up and takes the wallet from the injured hand. She didn't want the robber to just get a free pass and run away either, so she steps on the other palm with her six-inch black stilettos before inspecting the owner of the wallet. The robber on the other hand yells in pain.

When she sees the identification card of the owner, her eyes widen in surprise. She turns her head to see Wakatoshi astounded by the scene happening before him.

She's amazing.

Amazing.

He pondered. The woman before her was the very manifestation of beauty and strength. He couldn't begin to talk and his earlobes were starting to get red on the tips, but they weren't obvious. He had a great time having a staring contest with her since their eyes met, but Asami was the first to break away from her trance.

"Wakatoshi?" She asks with her heart on her sleeve. 

He doesn't answer since he did not know what to respond with but he was happy to see her. Asami frees the pained thief from her killer heels and runs to the tall man, putting him into her embrace. That doesn't happen without putting a good light punch to his chest first though.

"You can't run away from me again now." She closes her eyes while embracing him and mutters about his clothes.

"Running away from you is stupid. I am sorry." He said while he softly hugged her closer to him while he patted her head.

Asami lets go of him quickly, remembering that there was still a thief to take care of. She spins, turning the direction of her body towards the criminal and gratefully releases a sigh.

"Oh thank god he's still there." She says and starts to breathe again normally.

"I don't think he can run away in that condition Asami," Wakatoshi tells her and that makes her get more worried.

"Did I dislocate his shoulder?" She asks Wakatoshi. She sounded like she was about to cry.

Wakatoshi chose to be careful with his words. He didn't want her to feel bad about hurting the thief.

"It seems like you dislocated his shoulder?"

"Really?" She asks him and there was a glint in her eyes. "That's great then! He deserves it."

He forgot that this woman hated criminals and bad guys. She may have empathized with them but she believes that as long as you continue to do wrong, you will be wronged somehow. She dusts off the dirt from her clothes and she also dusts off the dirt from Wakatoshi's broad chest.

"I believe you and I aren't done talking." She tells him and then continues, "But before that, what do we do with him? Do we call the police?"

"The police might catch you instead. You could argue self-defence? Wait. Let's just. . . leave him?" He tells her, but it sounded more like asking. They were lucky no bystanders were present to see the event.

"He did bump into me first. He initiated contact, I retaliated through self-defence. It's justifiable. But we should... probably leave. Alright, wait for me. I'll just do something." She walks away from him and squats with her knees close together since she wore a short leather skirt. She smiles at the thief who looked at her face. She tells him,

"Sorry... you kind of deserved it." She then wrote on a cardboard box, "Attempted robbery today, might as well take me in."

____________________