22

Their private date was kept simple and intimate. They drank, ate homemade fried chicken, and talked all night about the things they opened up to each other. Thankfully Asami didn't get drunk and pass out, so they were able to manage to get her home.

The first date's over and it has been a week. It's another day for Ushijima.

The friction of the rubber soles of everyone's shoes against the hard teal court filled the gymnasium. Dribbles and spikes were done with the volleyballs and some even fooled around and pretended to play like a basketball player, doing all those crosses and ankle-breaking dribbles. The blue and yellow volleyballs were scattered on the other side of the court while Ushijima and Kageyama practiced their powerful serves.

"All of you come up here!" The Schweiden Adlers coach calls. This halts everybody from the drills and exercises they were doing. Everyone, including Ushijima, comes up to their coach.

"How will we beat the Black Jackals for the away game in two weeks?" The coach crosses his arms waiting to hear any player's thoughts. Sometimes Ushijima forgets that there were foreigners on their team and that conversing was done in a foreign language. Maybe he should practice English with Kanai.

"Better floor defense," Kageyama says.

"That's right. Now come closer." All of them huddled closer to the center where their coach sat with a whiteboard and marker in hand and papers about the statistics of each player on his own team on the side of the table.

"As you've heard clearly, the Black Jackals have recruited Sakusa Kiyoomi. Alongside Bokuto and Thomas, the team's offensive power just got better. That's why I am trying out a new defense formation for certain hitters from the opposing team." He says, before grabbing his laptop to play clips of Sakusa's tricky hits.

"This team hasn't played Sakusa as a player for Black Jackals yet, but I know some of you have played against him during their high school days. His hits aren't as powerful as Ushijima's here but he gives the ball an extra spin or a very tricky rotation." He draws a point on the whiteboard and continues. "Hoshiumi, in case the ball does not go to the libero, you'll have to take note of positioning yourself between 5 and 6. You have good receives. Our libero has to watch out for positions 4 and 1, but he can't be in two places at a time, right? He'll need support. Oh and as much as possible, never give Kageyama the first ball got it?"

"Yes, coach."

"Alright, first six gather up. Let's play a game and practice a new rotation after."

Everyone comes up to the court and stretches. Kageyama and Hoshiumi pat Ushijima's back and puts themselves in position. Just as Ushijima was getting ready to place himself on the right side their coach subbed in another player for him and calls his attention.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

"Asami, I don't understand this," Wakatoshi says as he types in his name inside the box.

Asami comes up from the kitchen, stirring a drink to see what's wrong. She sits down beside him on the sofa and looks at his phone. Looks like the username he inputted was taken.

"Oh, your name's already taken." She points out.

"Of course, it's taken by me, it's my name. This app wouldn't let me sign up with my own name." He tells her and Asami pulls out her phone to open the app. She types in his name on the search bar and shows him her phone.

"See, taken by another user." She tells him then sips from her glass.

"I didn't know I shared the same name with someone else."