Chp 22 - Jisung (a different one)

Promotions and concerts were tiring, coupled by extra practices since we didn't have as much time to practice. The members and I were often tired, but members always manage to make a din upon reaching the dorm. Felix and Seungmin would be burning the kitchen down while Woojin tries in vain to save the ingredients. Hyunjin and Han would be fighting and doing all sorts of stuff with each other and shouting while Minho would sit in a corner and scream because he felt like it. Changbin would try to sleep and then come out and start shouting at Hyunjin and Han when he realised that he couldn't. Chan would be either in the living room with Hyunjin and Han, or he would be in "Chan's/him kitchen" trying ti save his own kitchen from the two very kitchen unfriendly members. It amazes me how the members always have this energy.

On one of these nights, when I was tired and fed up, I kind of lost it.

We were back from practicing as we didn't have any concerts that day, and the members were in the exact state as mentioned above. Felix and Seungmin were trying to make noodles. Just. Noodles. And soup was spilling every, they couldn't to understand how to turn off the fire, Woojin was scolding then while they were freaking out and Chan wasn't of any help as much as he tried to. I tried to help them and get them to calm down. But it wasn't working either. I almost went deaf, if you ask me.

I went out to the living room and it was no different. Hyunjin and Han were fighting over a bag of chips. Changbin was scolding them for fighting while Jeongin was screaming because Minho kept trying to tickle him and annoy him.  It was a sight for sore eyes.

The sound got louder and louder and it seemed to be anplifid inside my ears. I went to my room and tried to play some music but it wasn't working. I covered my ears and tried to sleep but wondered why I even tried. It was driving me to the edge of sanity. Finally, I grabbed my keys, my phone and my earphones then I went to the kitchen.

"Chan, I'm going out!" I said in english. I was so fed up I had to make sure my voice would be heard above all the korean. Meanwhile he was battling a fire that had erupted. "Yeah okay sure...Woojin! Help me!" I sighed and left after glancing at the clock. 9:40pm. I knew I had a curfew at 10pm, but I couldn't stand it any second longer to be in that dorm with all those boys. I knew from the start that boys were noisy but I had never imagined boys become that state. I guess my brother sticks out like a sore thumb. Or maybe he was just always studying.

I roamed the streets aimlessly and went to a convienice and got myself a hot tea because it was freezing cold and I didn't wear much. I had left the dorm out of desperation. I walked out of the convienient store and sat on one of the chairs.

"Chaerin? I heard a voice.

I turned around and saw a familiar figure.

"Jisung!" I replied happily. (They all agreed that instead of having me call them hyung, I would call them by their name like how I do fro Jaemin. ) He jogged up to me. He was wearing a fully padded coat unlike me, with only a sweater. He eyed my dressing for a moment. "You were out in a rush?" He asked. I laughed in embarrassement. "I guess you could say that." He smiled and sat down next to me. "Mind if I sit here with you?"

"Sure!" I was actually getting quite lonely. After getting some coffee from the convienient store, he sat down next me. "What brings you out here so late?" He checks his watch briefly. "It's almost the curfew." I laughed and explained the situation back at the dorm. He laughed in disbelief.

"Wow." He said, after I finished. "Seems like you have a lot to deal with." I sighed and nodded. "Being a mom of 7 kids, minus Woojin and Chan, is a tough job." We laughed. Jisung was always easy to talk to, like Jeongin. Maybe because he was also the youngest in his group.

Jisung POV
She shivered a little as she looked around. "Maybe I should get going. I don't want to miss the curfew." She said after a while. I quickly nodded. But as she got up, I took off my jacket and draped it around her. She looked at me in surprise.

"Don't overreact." She laughed.
"You look cold. Take it." I said. She looked at me and smiled. "Thank you Jisung. Thank you for noticing as well." She smiled, her eyes forming in beautiful crescents as she spoke. It makes me happy, seeing her smile.

"Right, maybe I should get something for Jeongin..." she mumbled and disappeared back into the convienient store. She came out shortly after with a packet of chocolate milk and a sausage.

"Here." She handed me the sausage. "I should at least give you something that would keep you warm." I laughed at her cuteness. "How about I walk you back to your dorm?" I offered but she turned me down. "Don't, I'm sure your company set you a curfew or something as well, like mine, so you should really go back." She said, waving a hand as if trying to convince me to go back. I pouted a little and she giggled. She turned me around by pushing my shoulders slightly and gave me a small push on my back. "Faster!" She said. I turned around and waved a little, and she waved back before giving me a small hug. "Thanks for the company." She said and ran off. She's so cute.

Word count: 1005 words