Chp 29- Escape

"Come on, quick!" Minho whispered, pulling Chaerin as the darted in and out of the crowd. Glancing at the registration desk where lines were forming and snaking to great lengths, he quickly squeezed himself in between the families, mumbling apologies as he went.

They were almost there.

4:40

The hospital was much bigger than he anticipated. After jogging around the building, he started to realise how everything looked familiar.

"Uh, Hyung? Don't you think we've been here before?" Chaerin whispered when Minho finally stopped in front a signpost like directionary.

"Main entrance. Got it." He said before proceeding to pull Chaerin along again like a rag doll. After running up and down escalators and stairs, they finally saw the big glass doors and the sky outside.

Panting, they burst through the glass doors and leaning on their knees to catch their breath, earning weird glances from passer-bys.

"I think...we should have...studied...the directionary...more closely." Chaerin said in between heavy breaths. Both of them really needed exercise after lying in bed for so long everyday.

"I thought you would know the way since you were the one that brought me here!" Minho said, getting irritated.

"Yeah, but you were the one that was pulling me around everywhere. How do you expect me to tell you where the entrance was. And you pulled me to places I've never been to before, so I wouldn't know my way." Chaerin fired back, her voice getting louder and louder.

They looked at each other for a while before looking away. "I'm sorry." She mumbled.

"I'm sorry too." Minho replied. Forming a small smile, she looked around. "Where should we go next?"

"I think we should walk normal and put on your mask. People are starting to whisper." Minho said in a low tone before tugging Chaerin's sleeve towards a random street. She quickly understood and they both brisk walked a distance before turning back to see if anyone was following. Chaerin quickly pulled Minho to a nearby bench and they sat down before finally giving their surroundings a good survey.

"So that," Minho pointed to the big building they ran away from around 300 metres away, "Is the hospital we were in?" Chaerin nodded.

"Do you know the route back to the company?"

Chaerin shook her head. All she could remember was running through shops full of light as she focused on the large building which said hospital. Her legs apparently knew the way though she herself didn't. "I could try." She mumbled. Minho sighed and leaned back on the bench. "What should we do?"

"Did it never occur to the two of you that you had your phones, data, and this thing called Google maps?" A voice sounded behind them.

Both of their eyes widened as they spun around and quickly stood up. "H-Hyung!" Chaerin said. Minho gulped. He didn't think that their explanation would have to come out this quick.

Eyebrow raised and eyes narrowed, he peered at them. "What are you two doing out here..." he looked at their bags and then at them, "with all your belongings and out of your hospital pyjamas?" He asked, tapping his fingers against the wooden bench.

Minho fiddled with his fingers as Chaerin bit her bottom lip and looked at Minho.

"Uh...um...we-"

"Running away, are we?"

They both looked up but didn't speak. Chaerin slowly nodded.

"Hyung we're really sorry and we knew it was wrong but we-"

"Save the explanation for later when you guys are in front of everyone. But tell me first, how exactly did you guys plan on running away?"

They looked at each other before Minho replied, "We were going to find our way back to the company and speak to JYP then meet you guys and continue with practice and all that..." his voice traied off as he saw the dead eyes of their leader.

"Do you know the way back? You guys didn't even think about Google maps."

"We would have thought of it somehow." Chaerin said a little defiantly. Chan sighed and shook his head.

"You...wouldn't send us back to the hospital...right?" Chaerin said a little timidly.

Chan looked at the two escapees and pursed his lips before picking up their bags of belongings and walking off towards the carpark. "I was going to ask the doctors to discharge you guys anyway. No need for that anymore I guess."

Chaerin and Minho's face lit up as they skipped towards Chan and tackled him into a hug, almost bringing him to floor and they thanked over and over again profusely. Chan smiled but shook his head. "You rascals will have a lot of explaining to do in front of our Manager and JYP."