Chapter Three: Sick

{Jack}

I sat outside Logan's bunk on the floor brushing the hair out of her face ever so often. It was one of the few I knew Logan loved. She liked when you played with her hair and she would easily start to yawn and fall asleep. Lisa told me it was scary sometimes how similar she was to Alex. I think it is what made them best friends sometimes. While Ryleigh and I were best friends before Logan came in and consumed my life.

I watched Logan as her body began to convulse again. Her eyes clearly flicking back and forth under her eyelids. I sat in bunk alley just brushing the hair out of her face. Eventually, the convulsions stopped and she tried to dig herself in deeper to the bed. It was hard though and not as comfortable as my bed at home. I rubbed Logan's arm with my rough fingers before making my way to her bump.

'Please keep going,' my thoughts spoke words I didn't dare say out loud.

Logan had been getting sick on and off all day. It seemed like every time she ate she threw up which was concerning not just to me but everyone. No one dare spoke a word though knowing how hormonal she was. Everyone made jokes though until the mood would change. I saw her hazel eyes flutter open before briefly shutting again.

"Hey Jay," She spoke out in an airy whisper.

"Hey," I spoke softly leaning in to kiss her warm head.

Logan had been sleeping with not just my blanket but her's and finding a few spares that other people in the crew had brought. Logan was always the person to be cold but it just felt like there was something else going on. I wasn't going to say anything right yet because maybe it was just a cold. Still, it was hell watching her suffer.

"You want to climb in?" She whispered while I shook my head with a little bit of a chuckle.

"No, I think since we are at the venue we could get off and get you some food. The guys ordered some chicken noodle soup for you. I think they know you're not feeling too well. Ry said it was the only thing you used to be able to keep down as a kid that and 7-up."

Logan nodded before making grabby hands for me sometimes it felt more like she was my child then we were a couple. I didn't mind these intimate moments though. I managed to pull the light girl out of the bunk and pulled her into my lap. Logan stared at me as I brushed her hair with my fingers letting it get tangled in some of the curls.

"I'm sorry," she whispered before placing his head on my shoulder.

"We are in this together love it's fine," I rubbed her back drawing random shapes as I stared ahead toward the bus door.

"I'm really lucky to have you and I feel like I have been taking advantage of that," Logan whispered as I felt her body shake in my grasp.

"Logan it's okay really lets just get you up and dressed in something to hide baby and we'll go eat with everyone. I think we should also go check medical to see if this is just a cold," I kissed her forehead as she nodded with sleepy eyes.

It was a struggle to help Logan get changed but I was a good boyfriend and found her one of Zack's hoodies and placed it on over her head. Logan had resulted to wearing leggings which I heard her bitch about constantly I felt like. She didn't like the feeling of being exposed like this she didn't like them. I enjoyed watching her parade around in leggings they made her ass look nice but then that leads to me having other problems.

I took Logan's hand and walked from the bus to the venue listening to the fans scream. I blocked them out waving and smiling while Logan looked dead ahead. She darted to the girl's bathroom which was right off the doors where we entered and exited. I saw Alex as he was pushed out of the way but Logan. I didn't bother to chase after her knowing this was a new reality.

"How you holding up man?" Alex said clapping me on the back.

"It's hard. I want to help but it's like taking care of a baby and she doesn't want that. It's so aggravating."

Alex chuckled handing me his beer. I hadn't drank a beer in what felt like weeks. I didn't want to be drunk in case Logan needed me. I mean there were plenty of other people around who could help her right? I chugged down the rest of Alex's beer before pitching it into the trashcan.

"The girls have warm-up in like thirty. Has she ate?" Alex asked as we sat outside the bathrooms on a bench.

I shook my head no.

"Jay you need to get her to eat. It isn't good for her or that baby. I know you are hoping it's just a cold and shit but like what if its something worse. I don't want to see either of you in that pain again. You were really toxic to not just each other but yourselves," Alex spoke as my phone started to ringing.

Tyler K calling...

"Hey what is it, man?" I asked him softly as Alex waved before walking off.

"How is Loggie? She cried calling a few minutes ago just asking me to talk to her. She didn't sound... I don't know... all there I guess. She doing okay?" T.K asked as I looked at the door before hanging up the phone and rushing in.

Logan laid on the floor cradling her bump crying. I laid down beside her on the dingy floor but I really didn't mind. I brushed my fingers through her hair and whispered sweet words listening to her cries.

"I don't know why I am so ugly and fat," she hysterically sobs.

I felt little pieces of me die hearing the words flow from her mouth because it was like my every fear was coming true.

"Lo, you aren't fat you are fucking perfect. You are carrying a baby. Our baby. Half of you and half of me. You were perfectly made and so is this little one. Come on baby lets go get food and then go see the medical people," I had convinced her to get up.

We went and ate at the table. I fed Logan a few crackers along with her eating her soup. I kept one hand on her bump rubbing ever so often and letting my hand trail to her leg. I gave her thigh a gentle squeeze as everyone rushed around getting ready. It was weird seeing people who were usually don't travel with us all the time here. Lisa followed for this show and is going to for a lot of the shows. She was busy helping Ryleigh.

Logan finished her soup and placed her head in the crook of my neck. I moved my arm to rub her side. I finished my lunch offering her some bread off my sandwich which she just shook her head. I walked with her to medical and she was whisked away.

Being alone without Logan was weird. I felt really empty without Logan by my side but it felt like minutes before I heard the gentle whooshing noise going off on a monitor. I felt a sense of release but I knew this was just the beginning.