Chapter Five: Envelope

There was an outpouring of what was mostly love and support but there was also this outpouring of hatred. I watched as Jack told me not to listen or read into the comments they were just jealous. Lisa and I had a few long conversations about what was going on but really I felt alone.

"Stop living in your head, LB," Lisa said swatting my feet off a coffee table.

"But sometimes it's nicer up in my head that is the trouble," I mumbled while Lisa scolded me.

"Okay mom," I groaned and rubbed my little bump.

I got up and went over to the little snack table we had full of food. Then it clicked in my head I was supposed to have anything because I would be doing my glucose test soon. This was something that I was not looking forward to. Lisa was going to go with me as the boys had warm-ups with Jack tried to get out of. Ryleigh was going to warm up with Alex which she was upset about. I went and waved at Jack who was on stage pouting.

"You'll be okay right?" He spoke into his mic as I gave a thumbs up.

I cupped my hands around my mouth.

"I mean if not it's not like I won't be in good hands. Lisa will be with me!" I did jazz hands toward Lisa and bowed down while Alex cat called his wife.

"Alexander!" Lisa squinted at him while he acted like he didn't do anything.

"Please be careful," Jack said moving closer to us.

"Jack I am going to go and drink sugar water. It's going to be like six times the amount I am supposed to have in a day. I think I will be fine until tomorrow when my head kills from the sugar," I put out my hand as he smacked it then pulled me in toward him.

"Promise me you'll text me and send videos. I am really upset I am gonna be stuck here with these... people," Jack paused and looked at Alex who was bugging Rian by taking drum sticks and putting them in his mouth.

"You love them and they are our family. Besides if it gets too boring you can always come hang with me for the hour for this test," I kissed his cheek before going over to Lisa and putting my arm around her shoulder.

"Hey, Logan, ready to go?" Lisa asked and I nodded.

"'lex keep him here it's not like anything special is going to happen," I poke Alex's sternum as he flinches away from me swatting my hand.

"Promise to stop being mean LB?" He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Never Gaskarth," I smirked as he hugged Lisa before we left.

We walked to the rental car waving at fans who were shouting a variety of things. I finally climbed in the car and sighed closing my eyes. I moved to put my seatbelt on as Lisa put hers on and started the car.

"I have a question?" Lisa asked looking at me before switching gears.

"Go for it," I said as she switched gears and began to drive to the hospital where I would do my test at.

"Why don't you want to find out the gender?" Lisa said and got on the highway.

"I just... I don't know," I groaned then tried to make my thoughts clear in my head.

"There is this part of me that is like no matter what I am not going to be disappointed as if the baby is a boy or a girl. Like, that doesn't matter to me and I mean I can't speak for Jack but I mean I hope it doesn't matter to him either. The baby is a blessing and it's one of those things like no matter what I want to love and support them. I don't want to find out their gender and then start to be like oh yeah we need to decorate everything this way and we need to buy really 'girly' things because its a girl or buy 'boy' things because it's a boy. I'm going to dress them in clothes of all kinds of colors because they are clothes. I don't want fans to assume shit and like I don't want people coming for my throat for it because like its mine and Jack's baby. I am not going to be disappointed either way. I guess I was frustrated with everyone betting on the baby's gender because I feel like everyone would be disappointed in me because like I should control that, which by the way Jack determines the gender," I say pointing to Lisa who just laughed at my rambling.