Chapter Twenty-Two: Mornings

I was definitely missing something here. Everyone was silent for a long time. Jack and I eventually headed home. Rian said he was going to call someone to go through the woods. They would definitely find someone if they were living back there. I was almost certain though that Tobias did not want to be found. I laid on Jack's bed as he came and threw himself on the bed. He rolled over to look at me with a sleepy smile.

"I love you," He whispered as I just nodded.

I didn't know how to feel as I stared up at the ceiling. I watched as the fan went around and around. Jack began to trail small kisses from my collar bone up toward my ear getting a little reaction out of me. I felt bitterly numb. It wasn't until the small touches and him trailing kisses from my mouth down my chest that he got a response. We of course were careless. I mean what was the worse that could happen. When we weren't careless we get pregnant.

I woke up before jack to the sun beating down on my skin. I felt warm next to Jack's body also under the comforter. Jack and I slept under different blankets but it was something we mutually agreed upon. I slid up on top of Jack and laid there listening to his steady heartbeat as he slept.

"Good morning baby," Jack said in a groggy voice.

"Morning," I whispered as he brushed his fingers through my hair.

"Do you want to go and get breakfast of the drug store or anything just in case?" Jack said as I shrugged my shoulders.

Jack kissed my forehead and brushed his fingers on my bareback. I shivered as I felt Jack start to get excited again. He definitely was one of those people. I looked at him as he looked into my eyes we just laid there staring at each other before I cracked a smile.

"if there is one thing I love it's your smile," He spoke softly

"I love your eyes and how when you smile they close. I love how you laugh a million different ways and how you are never afraid to be you," I said sappily.

"Do you ever think of our life without Harrison? Like would we still be the same people? The people we are now just without a baby. Would we still be the people laying here in this bed?" Jack said as I looked at him and thought for a moment.

"I don't know I think we'd still be together because I know that no matter what I love you. I have loved you since I met you. You scared me because I knew one day you'd crack the code and you'd get in. You didn't have to climb the walls Alex did. You just walked in and that was it. The charade was over," I said and Jack smiled again letting me he enjoyed hearing he was better than Alex at something.

"You are a really good dad and an even better guitarist and boyfriend," I said and kissed him softly.

"ewe morning breath," Jack jokingly said as I rolled off him and grabbed a pair of his dirty boxers from the floor.

"Yeah, I'll remember that mister when you want a kiss later," I said grabbing a pair of clothes from the closet.

I headed into the bathroom while Jack came in trying to stop me. Jack had managed to slip on a pair of pajama pants which were not helping his cause. He looked at me with pleading eyes almost telling me he was sorry.

"Jack I was joking. I am still going to kiss you," I giggled as I stuck a toothbrush in my mouth was toothpaste on it.

Jack just hummed as he pulled me back against his waist. I felt his friend as I looked at him in the mirror with a knowing look. Jack just smiled as I pointed towards the shower.

"Go take a cold shower and you should be fine horny boy," I said smacking his ass.

Jack just laughed trying to be a striptease but it didn't work on me. I finished getting ready popping my contacts into my face and then looked over at Jack who was getting out of the shower. He quickly rushed to get ready as I went into his kitchen climbing on the counter. I felt Jack wrap his arm around me and began to pull me down. I looked at him and pouted like a little kid would. He just leaned down and placed gentle kisses on my lips.

"Jack come on we need to eat breakfast so we can go pick up Harrison," I said as Jack just kept his eyes shut and kept kissing me.

I finally gave in to the man child. We head a nice hot make-out session in the kitchen which was not the first one. Jack finally when he knew I was not going anything further than making out got two bowls down. He began to throw some random cereal in the bowls before filling them with milk. I made coffee and grabbed two spoons bumping into his waist. He looked at me before throwing me over his should.

"Rawr I am a big bad monster taking the princess captive!" Jack said and threw me onto the couch.

He climbed on top of me kissing me and I felt his waist grind on mine. I began to play with the hem of his shirt.

"Jack we can't," I said breathlessly as he looked at me with sad understanding eyes.

"I know we can't but there are moments I feel like we both missed out on because we became parents," Jack spoke a little sadly.

"I know but I wouldn't trade Harrison for the world. I know you would either and while we have to 'grow up' a little faster than everyone else. I think we are still us. I think you can still be the big good monster and hold the ugly villager captive," I said while Jack put a hand up to my cheek rubbing it.

"Don't ever call yourself ugly, you are fair from ugly LB,"

"Don't ever call yourself a monster,"

We looked at each other with a metal understand before going back and eating our breakfast. This was one of the mornings that would go down as one of the better mornings. I got to spend it with Jack. We got to be Jack and Logan the couple, not Jack and Logan the parents. We were able to sleep in until noon and goof around. We were able to stay ourselves just a little bit longer.

"So when do you think they will want us to come to collect Harrison?" Jack asked finishing his cereal and putting it in the sink.

"Probably never. You know Ryleigh and Zack want a baby so bad. I feel bad because we had Harrison so easily it's not fair what happened to Ryleigh," I said and Jack nodded.

"Yeah, it pretty much destroyed Zack. He may come off as tough and hard to everyone even you sometimes but Zack just holds it all in until he is alone then breaks. He is kind of like you in that way. I think that Zack is going to marry Ryleigh one day soon."

What jack said completely threw me off as he gave me a dorky grin. I began to fangirl in his apartment. Jack told me I had to keep quiet about it and began to show me pictures of wedding rings Zack had looked at. There was this small part of me that was happy for Ryleigh but wondered if that would ever be jack and me. We were both pretty noncommittal. Maybe one day in fantasy. That would be the only way I think Jack would even dare ask me to marry him.

We went to pick Harrison up and Zack greeted us with Harrison all decked out in a baseball outfit. I rolled my eyes reading the little shirt. I recognized it to be a shirt that Lisa and Alex had bought. I guessed they weren't the only people who bought that shirt. I took Harrison from Zack peppering his face with kisses.

"You should read the back of his shirt Lo!" Ryleigh shouted at me as I felt his back and pulled a sticky note off his back.

"No way!" Jack shouted causing Harrison to whimper a little before running and attack Zack in a hug and Ryleigh in a careful one.

I read the post it not careful in Ryleigh's handwriting.

"Are you ready for there to be another one similar to me?" 

I looked at Ryleigh and Zack with an open mouth smile. I was so shocked and rushed in to hug her. We squished Harrison in between us as she began to cry. Jack and Zack stood there kind of laughing at us. Zack stepped in to take Harrison and apologized for accidently touching my boob.

"When did you find out? does anyone else now? how far are you?" I began asking all the crazy pregnancy questions as rayleigh just giggled.

"Um... Let's see here Zack and I, you know had sex, that is how that happened. I mean a few others know but I mean it's just Jack, you, Zack, and Jenna. I found out after being sick every morning for a while. it doesn't feel real," Ryleigh said as the tears began.

I looked outside at the dark clouds but I couldn't help but feel this excitement for her. Her and Zack both wanted a baby for a while now. It would never be fair how things turned out or how things worked out. They were going to be great parents though.