chapter-15

Anika POV:-

After coming back home i started thinking what i want to be. My friends have already decided their subjects but what am i interested in? All night i keep thinking about this only. I want to be someone who can help many people. So what can i be?

We went to marriage. Even there in my free time i just thought about my future. Me and rishi talk with each other on phone. After returning back home, next day my mom came to my room.

Mom:- "anika have you decided which subject you want to opt?"

I kept my head in her lap and she started patting my head softly.

Me:- "mom, i am really confused. I don't understand what i want to be. I want to pursue a career where i can help many people. I thought of being police officer but you know that i am not good with giving punishments to others. And being a police officer, i have to see criminals and i am not good with that. I than thought of being social worker but i am not sure of it. Deep in my heart, i want to be doctor. Being in that profession, i can help needy people. But i don't know if i am suitable for this profession." At the end of my speech i looked at mother.

Mom:- "darling, if you really want to be doctor than follow your dream and leave everything else on God hands. Don't think if you are suitable or not for this job. Because believe me sweet that your compassion for others will make you the great doctor. Follow your dream child we are all with you. Even if you failed, even than you will have this thought in your mind that you tried. You will be okay. Think about it and let us all know what you want to be. Don't worry about failures, because even they are important for being successful. Okay?" She looked at me with sweet smile on her face and question in her eyes.

I nodded my head and hugged her waist while lying in her lap.

I thought about this for whole 2 days and next day on breakfast table, i shared my decision with them.

Me:- "i have thought alot and have decided that i want to be doctor. I want to pursue this profession". I said and looked at everyone.

Everyone was first silently listening to me. Than there face have broad smiles. Everyone hugged me one by one and they showed their approval with my decision. After having our breakfast i went back to my room and called amisha and informed her. She was happy because we will be in same class. Than i called rishi.

Rishi:- " hello anika".

Me:- "hello rishi. You know i have decided the subject which i want to pursue."

Rishi:- "really?"

Me:- "yeah and i have decided that i want to be doctor."

There was silence for few moments on both sides of the line. Which got broken by rishi loud voice which was filled with happiness.

Rishi:- "really. So it means we are going to be in same class. Wow."

After talking some more. I asked rishi about our result.

Me:- "rishi even our result of matriculation is going to come in few days. I am so nervous. What will happen?"

Rishi:- "don't worry everything will be okay. We did our best and that is more than enough. Rest is in God's hand."

Me:- "hmmm. So when are you going to come back?"

Rishi:- "after a week i guess."

I was missing rishi, i wanted to tell him but i was shy.

Me:- "ok rishi i will talk to you later. Grandmother is calling me."

With this we said our byes to wach other. After a week we all enrolled for our next classes.

In evening our result was coming we all were so nervous.

Our result came site was showing busy. My whole family waa gathered in my room. Amisha called me.

Amisha:- "anika you know i got 80%. Thank god. How much did you score?"

Me:- "amisha in my pc site is not opening. Anyways congratulations for your result i am so happy for you. "

Amisha:- "thanku. Don't worry give me your roll no. I will try to look for your result and i will tell you."

I told her about my roll no. But now even in her computer sight was not opening.

My parents congratulated her parents. I said bye to amisha and told her that will call her when i could get hold of my result. She wished me luck.

Soon i saw my result and i scored 89%. I couldn't believe my eyes. This is all thanks to rishi. My parents hugged me and congratulated me.

Grandmother:- "oh dear you make us so proud. Congratulations sweet." She hugged me.

Father:- "my princess did well. Congratulations sweetheart." His eyes had happiness and proud for me.

I was so happy and thanked everyone. Than i called amisha and told my result, she was happy and we again congratulated each other. After bidding our byes i called my teacher, my best friend because of whom i was able to score this much marks. ,rishi.

Me:- "hello rishi."

Rishi:- "hi anika."

Me:- "so how was your result? You know i scored 89% all thanks to you. Without you it wasn't possible. Thanku rishi". I said with all sincerity.

Rishi:- "i just taught you, it was you who worked hard. So congratulations anika. And i scored 99%."

I was shocked for a second. Than i yelled.

Me:- "OMG really. Congratulations rishi congratulations. I am so happy for you i didn't know you were genius. It means you toped in this country?"

Rishi:- "thanku anika and yes i have topped the exam. And i am not any genius or anything i just worked hard."

We talked for some more time and said our byes with the promise of meeting tommorow in class.

i haven't read again before publishing so if there are any errors than let me know😉

How many of you were also scared of your results?

Please comment and vote.

Till next time (god bless you all)😇