chapter-16

Anika POV:-

Our session started. Now me and amisha sit together on 2nd bench behind mohit and rishi. Rishi and my friendship was getting stronger day by day. Even now on weekends i go to rishi home to study and play.

One day we 4 were sitting on our usual seats. It was our free lecture. We were talking when our classmate renuka came.

Renuka:- "rishi i want to talk to you about something. Can you please come with me?" She asked nervously.

Rishi went with her. And after five minutes they came back. Renuka head was down. Rishi had no expression on his face. I raised my brows to rishi but he shrugged. Even i let go that for now.

Our semester was going with full swing, as usual rishi was my tutor. And he was the best teacher i have ever come across. Now we have become bestest buddies. We share our secrets with each other. My feelings for rishi have become more stronger.

On day i went to a teacher in our free lecture, when i saw rishi standing in corner of a corridor. So i moved towards him to call him. But when i was nearby. I heard a girl's voice.

Girl:- "rishi would you be my boyfriend? I wanted to ask you since long."

I was shocked first but than i was tensed to know rishi reply. In my heart there for the first time comes insecurity. But rishi reply gave me relief.

Rishi:- "sorry, but for now i am not ready for any relationship."

Girl:- "rishi please consider it again."

Rishi:- "i am really sorry but my answer would remain same."

Girl:- "is it because of anika?"

I was surprised listening to girls question but at the same time my heart fluttered to know his answer.
But his answer broke my heart.

Rishi:- "NO!!!!! She is JUST MY BESTFRIEND. I can't even think of her as  my girl.. girlfriend. I can't even say that properly. Thinking about her in such a way is way too far. she is not the reason for me being not in relationship. I am just not ready for now."

There something in my heart which broke, because i started thinking that even he might be having some feelings for me. But I was wrong it seems. I sadly smiled and left for classroom.

Rishi came and looked at me but i didn't meet his eyes. I pretended to be buzy talking with amisha. But i was not paying attention to what she was saying. For whole day i ignored rishi. Next day i didn't want to go to school because i didn't want to face him for now. So i informed amisha. It was first time since rishi became my bestfriend  that I was not attending school because since then i always go to school to see him. She asked me the reason but i told her that i was not well.

I thought for whole day, i cried, i knew it was not rishi fault. I was showing tantrums but i can't help it. It just hurts that my feelings can never be reciprocated because he can't even think of me anything else other than bestfriend. I wiped my tears and make myself understand that at least i  have him as my bestfriend. And i won't break my friendship with rishi just because i feel for him but he can't.

But who knew that in future that even if  this friendship will remain.

In evening i got rishi call but still i was not ready to talk. Next day i was reluctant to go to school but i can't skip it because my exams were coming and today we were going to have our roll numbers. So i went to school.

When i took my seat rishi entered the classroom. He walked to me. He shaked his hand with me.

Rishi:- "anika, why didn't you come yesterday? You know we all got so bored. If you wanted to skip the school you should have informed us, i would have also accompanied you. I even called you but you didn't pick up. You know how worried i was. I would have come to your house if i wouldn't have called amisha who informed me that you are not well and might be sleeping." He said, his voice full of concern, bit anger.

Me:- "i... actually i was not well so i skipped school. And yeah in evening, i was sleeping so i didn't saw your call."

Rishi:- "are you ok now?"

Me:- "yeah, now i  am fine."i lied.

Rishi:- "ok but promise me next time you will inform me first."

I looked in his eyes. It has concern, hope, admiration for me. I was happy but i know these feelings for me who is just his friend....

I nodded to his request. He smiled softly. Our days were passing. Many girls came and asked him out but his reply was same as before. I taught my heart that we are just bestfriends.

So how was today's chapter?

Guess what will happen next?

And please do vote and comment

Till next time god bless you all😉