chapter-38

Anika POV:-

Rishi:- "anika do you still love me?"

Me:- "yes..... i still do".

Rishi:- "than would you like to give us a chance?"

If i say that i am surprised than it would be understatement. I can't believe this is really happening. Does this mean that rishi also loves me?

Me:- "umm rishi do you love me?" I ask with questioning look. For sometime he remained quiet but than answered.

Rishi:- "anika i won't lie to you.. i don't love you.... "

my face fell... i know he doesn't love me than why the hell he is asking me to be his girlfriend? Is it because of pity? .... i was thinking all this when he again spoke.

Rishi:- "but anika i do like you. Let's give this relationship a try."

Me:- "and what if it didn't work?"

He looked at me as if he never thought about this possibility...

Me:- "if this doesn't work, would we still be friends??"

Rishi:- "i promise anika even if this didn't work we will be bestfriends as we are now. We were friends first and will remain so. Nothing can change our friendship. You also promise me anika that we will always be bestfriends?"

I agreed.

Rishi:- "so anika, for my previous question, will you be my girlfriend?"

My heart started beating again loudly.

Me:- "yes... i will be your girlfriend. Rishi i also promise that i will love you this much that it would be enough for our relationship. I will always love you and only you..."

Rishi had thousand volts smile on his face which was reflecting mine.

Rishi:- "ok than, let's go and cook something good and celebrate our relationship"

He holded my hand. I don't know but this time when he holded my hand there was some tingling sensation in my stomach. Oh god... thanku for this. Though he doesn't love me.... but he said he do like me. And that is okay for now. My love would be enough for our relationship.

We prepared sweet dishes and cooked a meal. Than i called amisha. She was back to apartment. So i called her over at rishi's apartment. After sometime she came inside. Me and rishi were setting the table.

Amisha:- "wow... what's the good news? You guys have prepared this many sweet dishes.. and you have cooked so many dishes..." she looked at me.

I smiled but was shy to tell her now.

When rishi saw that my face was red. He chuckled than holded my hand and interwined our fingers. Amisha looked at us with open mouth.

Amisha:- "oh God please tell me what is happening?? Am i dreaming? Please tell me already."

Rishi:- "amisha, anika and i are in relationship now"

For few moments there was silence. I was looking at our joined hands. But when i didn't hear any response from amisha i decided to look upwards. But i hear a scream and soon i was in tight embrace of none other than amisha.

Amisha:- "really?? Oh my... please tell me i am not dreaming" i nodded my head to tell her that this is true.

She again hugged me tightly that i can't even breathe.

Me:- "can't breathe.."

She looked at me than laughed. She had some tears in her eyes.

I gave her questioning look. Rishi saw this and gave us privacy.

Rishi:- "guys you talk, i will be in kitchen". He went. I wiped her tears.

Amisha:- "these are tears of happiness anika. I am so happy for you."

I hugged her immediately. She is really my bestfriend. Where will i get someone like her. I myself was about to cry but amisha started talking again.

Amisha:- "see i told you, he loves you" she has wide mischievous smile.

Me:- "no amisha he doesn't love me... he said he likes me... and wanted to give us a try..."

She listened to me but didn't said anything. Than she spoke again.

Amisha:- "anika don't worry. I assure you he loves you... he just doesn't know himself.. look at his eyes when he looked at you. They speak way too much... hey anika who proposed first and how all this happened? And what happened to his previous girlfriend?"

Me:- "they broke up..."

She gave me questioning look.

Me:- "i will tell you about all that in our apartment. Rishi is waiting. We will talk later.

She gave me a look which said that she needs full details.

We ate and went back to our apartment.

Next day when we went to college. Sanjana was sitting already. I still have this guilt filling. I think myself the reason of their breakup.

After looking at us she came to greet us. She hugged rishi. I don't like that... he is my boyfriend.... but i can't say anything... rishi looked at me but reciprocated her hug. After few seconds they looked at me.

Rishi:- "sanjana i want to tell you something...."

Sanjana:- "yes rishi what is it?" While saying so she holds his hand.

I was looking at that, so rishi slowly removed his hand from her grasp and came to stand beside me. He hold my hand. Sanjana was looking all this with confusion on her face.

Rishi:- "sanjana, we are in relationship" he said and pointed towards me and himself.

Sanjana was shocked.

Sanjana:- "what??? You guys must be joking.... how is this possible??? No! No! This can't happen.... you can't be her boyfriend..." she was saying all this. It looked as if she lost her mind. She kept on saying this.

Rishi looked at me than went to her and shaked her. She came out of trance.

Sanjana:- "is this truth?"

Rishi:- "yes it is"

Sanjana had tears flowing on her face. I was feeling so bad for her... i am the reason behind all this...

Sanjana:- "do.... do you love.... he...r?"

Rishi looked at me. I looked down. I can't see this. I can't hear again that he doesn't love me.. i can't see that i am the reason behind someone tears.

I was going to go from there but as if rishi sensed that and he hold my hand tightly.

Rishi:- "i don't love... her... but i do like her. We want to give us a chance. "

Sanjana had something in her eyes at that moment but i couldn't recognise that. She wiped her tears.

Sanjana:- "ok... i am happy for you guys.." saying so she again hugged rishi. Rishi left my hand to hug her back.

So how was today's chapter?

Sorry for late update..

I hope to give next update as soon as possible...

Please do vote and comment.

Till next time god bless you all😉