The heart wants what it wants (Selena Gomez)

Katy's pov

Today I don't have to go school. My last final exam was on Friday, so I am already on vacation.

Today is Harry graduation.

I am not going.

It's 3 pm and I plan to stay on the sofa watching movies and crying.

I really wanted to go to the graduation.

"Hey, what are you watching?" my mom asks me when she enters the room

I got no idea what I am watching. I was distracted thinking about Harry

"Just a movie" I answer

"Nice, how are you feeling?"

I can't answer this question.

"Katy, you need to let him go"

"I just can't mom. I still love him"

"Sweet, you will love him for a while, the feeling won't disappear. You will have to deal with the pain and the love for a while. But you need to let him go. You will understand that what you two had was beautiful and now it is over"

"But I don't want it to be over. I miss him"

"Have you tried to contact him?"

"No. I don't think he wants to talk to me"

"Has he tried to contact you?"

"No"

"Katy, maybe this is the best for you two. Think about it: Harry had signed the contract in London, he is going to focus on his career now, and you, you were called to the Pre Olympiad. Can you see you two together in the future? Can you see you two being able to organize each other schedule and still have time to dates?"

I haven't thought about that.

"You two are starting a career; you two are talent and love what to do. You will prioritize ice skating and he will prioritize the band. Maybe this break up is for the best"

She does have a point.

"Maybe you should talk to him. Maybe this is what you need to let him go"

"Today is his graduation"

"You should go"

"What? Are you crazy? I'm not going there! I'm not going to talk about our relationship on his graduation"

"No, I think you should go there just to see him. Maybe is doing alright with this break up, and maybe all you need to do is see him."

"Maybe"

"Think about it. What time is the graduation?"

"It 4 pm"

She nods and goes back to the kitchen.

What if he is doing well with the break up? Is this good or bad? Do I want to see him? Of course I do. Does he want to see me? Maybe I should just go and stay in the back. He doesn't need to see me, he doesn't have to know that I am there. I really want to go to the graduation.

Besides, Judy, Chad and the twins is graduating too, I should go there to congratulate them, after all they are my friends.

I get up and go change. I'm going to the graduation.

***

The graduation is on the football field. They had put lots of chairs, and flowers to decorate. I decide to sit in the back, so I won't call attention.