Chapter 6

On Tuesday my day was not as tiring because I didn't have to go to work at the gym, I did however work a full shift at the restaurant.

Wednesday was the same as Monday. And the week went on like that, Saturdays I worked all day at the restaurant and Sunday was my day off. On Saturday at the exact same time as last week the brooding tall guy came in and I served him his usual as per Anthony's orders and he left me a generous tip like before.

The whole week I had saved all the money I got from tips and had about 30 dollars in tips which I used to buy groceries. Slowly the money I made would stock us up and we would be okay, on Sunday I took Isa to the park again but no ice-cream this time because I didn't have the money for it however she was more then happy to play on the swings.

A month had passed and I managed to pay my rent and fill gas in my car to keep me going until I get paid again. I even managed to buy two new toys for Isa, one was a plastic pink and purple tea set and the other was a cute brown teddy bear, it was not much but she kept herself busy all the time with them when she was home. It warmed my heart seeing her go around offering me and her toys 'tea.'

On one particular Saturday I was feeling happy and generous so when the mute brood cam in I took up a muffin with his coffee. As soon as I set it down his head snapped down to the muffin and glared at it as if it was the coars of all his problems. "I didn't order that" hearing him speak for the first time sent shivers down my spine and goosebumps up my arms.

"I know but you tip me all the time so this one's on me" I said, he looked up at me for the first time in a month and could see all his features. He was tan, he had black hair, his nose was crooked a little if you looked closely like it had been broken and repaired, his eyes were a mixture of blue and grey, his lips were plump and pink, he had strong features and I'll be damned if I say he was not handsome. He was extremely good looking. With that said I turned and walked away.

The next week Monday morning I rushed through the sea of students with my head hung low. I had thought that as soon as I turned the corner I would be free. But just as I turned left into the hallway I ran into someone and the impact was so hard my books flew out of my hands and I landed on my butt on the floor.

"Watch were you're going" someone growled, "sorry, sorry, I'm so sorry" I got on to my knees and started collecting my stuff not looking at the person I crashed into. "Muffin girl?" The voice asked but it sounded like the person was convincing themselves that it was actually me.

I looked up to see the guy from the restaurant. "Tip guy" I acknowledged him and started to stand up. "I didn't know you went to school here" he said, raising his eyebrow as he handed me one of my books he had picked up. "Yeah I just moved here about a month ago and I didn't know you went here either" I said taking the book.

An awkward silence settled between us, he didn't say anything just started at me as if I was an alien or a new species and he was trying to figure me out. I cleared my throat while checking the time, "I'm gonna be late be late for class. I'll see you around" I said. Not waiting for him reply I started walking away from him.

I got to my locker and put my books in the got out the book I needed before rushing to my history class. School had gone by in a blur and so did my shift at the restaurant.

Before I knew it I was sitting at the front desk in the gym. Isa played on the bench behind me, I had work stuff to my right and school work to my left. I was in the middle of chewing my pen and pulling my hair because of all the stuff I had to learn for an upcoming history test, when someone walked into the gym. Before I could even plaster my smile and greet them the person already spoke.

"Are you following me?"