Chapter 18

The next weeks went by, I was so busy I had forgotten I didn't even have a dress for the prom. So one afternoon I had taken off work early and went to check out a clothing store that sold cheap stuff. It wouldn't hurt to get something that I could always use.

"May I be of assistance ma'am?" Someone said coming up to me, "Yes I'm looking for evening dresses nothing too fancy and defiantly cheap" I said. "Right this way" she said leading me to the side of the store, "everything here is on sale" she said before walking away to help another customer.

I started from on end of the rack and looked at each and everyone one of the dresses, picking a few that I had wanted to try on. After a few minutes at the very end of the rack was a plain fitting black dress, it hand a high slit on the right leg and the top was a bit plunging.

I pulled it off the rack and went to try it on. I didn't try that dress on immediately though, I wanted to be sure it was the right dress. The first dress I tried was a light blue dress that was short sleeves and came just below my knees, it was all lace from top to bottom and it was very beautiful. But I don't think it was the dress for a prom it looked more like a cocktail party dress. The next one I tried on was a sliver sequence dress, it was sleepless with thin straps and a v-neck line. The dress was long and very glamorous, but it was too much and out of my budget.

When I tried the black dress on it fit perfectly and I knew I had to take it, it was perfect, below my budget and I even had some money to buy some costume jewellery.

A couple days later I was walking through the hallways of school with Chole. She had become quite close to me but we didn't spend much time toghter, "I can't wait to be out of this hell hole" she complained next to me.

"Hey Chole" a guy with blonde hair and blue eyes said coming up to us, from the looks of it he was probably on the football team. "Bayliy right?" He asked looking to me, "yeah" I said simply. "Chad" he said holding out his hand, I took it and gave a firm shake.

"So schools gonna be over in a few weeks, how you guys feeling?" He asked looking between Chole and I. "I can't wait, I've already set everything for college" she said. "Yeah me too got a football scholarship" he replied, I was jealous hearing them talk about college and thier plans for the future, I wished I had parents who had money.

"-So you going?" I got out of my daydream and saw both of them looking at me, "huh?" I asked. Chad laughed, "I was asking if you where going to prom" he repeated. "Yeah" I replied, "really?" Chole asked turning to me with wide eyes. "Yeah I changed my mind and it's the last year so..." I said.

"Well would you like to maybe go together, I could pick you up" Chad asked looking me in the eyes, I was about to reply to him when I felt someone behind me. "She's already got a date" I heard Ryan's voice, his breath fanned the back of my neck.

"Oh sorry man no harm" Chad took a step back holding his hands up in surrender. "Let's go I have to pick Isa up early today" he growled out before turning and walking away. "Sorry I gotta go" I said before following him, I finally caught up to him at the car. "Seriously?" I asked him both amused and pissed.

"What?" He asked innocently, "did you really have to do that?" I gave a look. "Yes, he was flirting with you I had to do something" he said exasperated. "I was going to tell him no before you jumped in like a caveman" I said, he walked around the car and stood in front of me.

"That's a good idea, I should of thrown you over my shoulder and carried you out" he said getting closer to my face. I smacked him on the chest, "What is wrong with you?" I was more pissed then amused right now. "God! Do you know how hard it is to keep all these guys away from you? It should become a job for me" he said stepping back and running his hands drown his face.

"What are you talking about? Wait- have- have you been..." My eyes winded in realisation. "Why would you do that? Yeah you're helping me a lot and Isa likes you but that does not give you the right to control my life" I growled at him, trying to keep my voice low as to not attract attention.

"I like you Bayliy, I really like you and I want us to be more then friends."