Chapter 11

His words sent chills through my body and tears in my eyes. No one had told me that until today, I didn't know but that was the exact words I needed to hear.

"It's not easy raising a child by yourself, I can see. But I want you to know that I'll do anything to help the two of you out, we're friends now" he said. I looked up at him and he gave me a smile, I returned it with a teary smile of my own.

"Thank you. Hearing that alone is enough, I don't expect you to do this and you don't have to. I really appreciate it" I said.

"I'm done!" Isa said running back into the kitchen, "Let's eat then" I said getting up and getting the plates out. We sat at the table and ate with conversation flowing as Isa kept us entertained. "Go watch some tv while I clean up then you can shower" I told her as I stood picking up our plates and taking it to the sink.

"If I had a bigger house I would invite you two to stay with us" he said picking up a dish cloth and drying the plates. "Don't worry about that, we're okay here" I said focusing on the plates. "I know but it would cost you less if you had someone to help with the rent and other bills" he replied, "Ryan don't worry seriously. Everything is going to be okay soon, I just need to get done with school then I can get a full time job and no problems after that."

"If you say so, but you have my number and don't hesitate to call me when you need something or you need help" he said in a warning tone, "I promise I will" I held my hands up. After cleaning up Ryan went to his house and got some clothes before coming back and all three of us spent the day in watching Disney movies toghter. He stayed the night again and said he would make his friend pick him up from school tomorrow.

The next morning I woke up and started to get ready, to my surprise Ryan was already up and dressed and was helping me with Isa. I got her showered and dressed then Ryan watched her while they had breakfast.

I had time to quickly get ready, and have some coffee before all of us left the house. "Bye mommy, bye Ryan" Isa said waving at us as she entered daycare. "Bye baby" I said waving back, "bye bye princess" Ryan called.

We then drove to school, Ryan and I went our separate ways once we got out of my car. I went straight to my locker to sort my books out.

"Um...hi you're Bayliy right?" Someone asked from behind me, I turned to see a brown haired girl with green eyes, she was very pretty. "Yeah, and you are?" I asked her, "I'm Megan the student body president. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to welcome you when you first got here, I was actually out sick."

"Oh it's nice to meet you, and it's fine I'm glad you're feeling better now" I replied, "yeah, so now you know me and if there's anything you need just let me know and I'll help you out" she said before giving a bright smile then walking off.

I got the rest of my books out and went to class. The first half of the day went by quickly, when lunch rolled around I sat in the library busying myself with assignments and homework.

"Hey what you up to busy bee?" Ryan asked sitting next to me, "Just trying to finish this homework before class starts. What are you doing here?" I put my pen down so he had my full attention.

He shrugged looking at the work on the desk, "Just thought I'd give you some company, I don't have anywhere to be so..."

"Thanks that's really sweet of you" I said. We spoke a little for the rest of the time and he helped me with some of my work, I was done by the time the bell rang. I said bye to him before picking up my stuff and racing to the next class.

By the end of school I was already tired, I got into my car and drove to the restaurant to start work. I got dressed in my uniform and started waiting tables, trying my best to get as many tips as I possibly could.

It was my break time but I decided to work all the way though and finish up as quickly as I could, when my phone rang. "Hello?" I answered, "hey you still at work?" Ryan's voice came through the phone. "Yeah why?" I asked farrowing my eyebrows at his question.

"Would you mind if I picked Isa up and took her home?" He asked sounding nervous, I was quite for a few minutes as I contemplated what to tell him. She would be safe with him right? But I only just got to know him. But I also feel like I can trust him.

"Okay but if I come home and I don't see my child, I'm coming after you" I warned in a serious tone. "Yes ma'am" he said before cutting the call, I felt a little less weight on my shoulders after speaking to him.

Maybe him coming into my life was for the better. I hope that Isa would be okay.