Chapter 9

"You looked like you had it under control." He said then helped me up. I wrapped my arms around him and buried my head into his chest, sobbing my eyes out.

"Shh, it's okay you're safe now. No one's going to hurt you" he said tucking my head under his chin and rubbing my back. "T-thank yo-you" I stuttered out, "it's okay" he shushed me. He walked me around my car and opened the passenger side, moving all my stuff to the back, he then put me to sit in the car.

I was too shocked to even speak let alone know what was happening to me, he got into the drivers seat and started the car pulling out of the parking lot. He pulled out his phone and dailed someone's number as he drove keeping his eyes on the road. "Hey can you do me a favour and get my car?" He said into the phone.

"I know, someone got into trouble so I'm helping them out, just do me a favour and get the car...okay thanks you still have the spare keys right? I'll call you later" he said before cutting the call and then turning to me.

"Which way is your house?" He asked, "turn right then take two lefts over here" I took in a breath and replied. I was now embarrassed that he would see that I lived in such a bad part of town in such a shitty apartment. I was more worried that he would see Isa, "park here, that's my garage over there" I said as he pulled in front of it.

I quickly got out and opened the back to grab my stuff, "Let me help you" he said staking my bags from me. "No it's fine, thank you for your help but it's late and I don't want to keep you" I said trying to take the bag back from him. "I don't have anywhere else to be, and I'm not going to just leave you like that after what just happened. At least let me walk you to your door" he said.

I grabbed whatever was left and led him to my building, "can- can you hold this for a minute?" I asked holding out the containers of food to him, "sure" he took them but looked at me with curiosity. I walked to one of the doors and knocked a few times waiting for the people to open up.

"Bayliy you're home late, long day?" The elderly women said giving me a warm smile. "I'm so sorry about that I ran in to a problem on my way out" I explained, "oh I see, I'll just go get her" she said then diapered into the apartment.

A few minutes later Isa came running to me with her pink backpack on her shoulders, "mummy!" She said running to me. My heart filled with joy and all my problems were forgotten at that moment, as I dropped to my knees and embraced her in a warm hug.

"Hi, you ready to home?" I asked brushing the hair out of her face, she smiled nodding at me, "Let's go" I said taking her hand before standing up and we walked to our apartment. "Mommy who's he?" She whispered to me as she took in Ryan's tall and large figure.

Ryan bent down to her height and gave her a warm toothy smile, "hi you must be a princess, I'm Ryan" he said. I was shocked this was the first time I've ever seen him smile. "No, I'm Isabell" she said timidly, "that's a pretty name, only princesses have pretty names and look as pretty as you" he said.

"No I'm just a girl, silly" she giggled, "well to me you will always be a princess" he said. "How do you know my mommy?" She asked, Ryan and I shared a look before he looked back at her. "I'm a friend of your mom's" he said, "it's getting late why don't we go home?" I suggested stroking her hair.

Ryan stood to his full height and the three of us walked to the apartment. "Go put your stuff in your room, and wash up before dinner" I told her as we walked through the door. I dropped my bags next to the couch in the living room then went in the kitchen.

"Do you want something to drink?" I asked pulling out some plates, "Just water is fine for now" he replied. I  heated the food up then put it on the table, "Isa can you show Ryan where the bathroom is?" I asked as she walked into the kitchen. "Follow me" she told him and the two of them disappeared.

Just as I finished lying the food on the table the two of them walked back in laughing. We ate while Isa and Ryan talked most of the time, I then gave Isa a bath before putting her pj's on. Ryan read her a bedtime story as she asked him to, and then we tucked her in before going back into the living room.

"You want some tea?" I asked with a sigh, "sure" he replied sitting on the couch and flipping through the channels on the TV. "Thanks" he said when I sat down next to him handing him a steaming cup of tea.

"So you have a daughter."