Chapter 16

Ryan and the other guy circled around each other, the guy was the first to try and land a punch on Ryan, which he dodged successfully.

Ryan kept blocking his advances tiring him out. The other guy kept going for some time, people shouted and cheered around me. I saw Ryan's movements start to look a bit slackened.

"Come on Ryan you got this!" I shouted, Ryan landed a powerful right hook on the guys jaw before following with a left hook. The guy stumbled back but didn't have enough time to recover from the blows, Ryan kept raining punches on him. Then he landed a powerful blow making the guy land on the floor.

The referee came in and started the count down but the guy layed still, "the winner is Ryan Games!" He announced lifting Ryan's hand above his head. "Yes!" I shouted springing up  from my seat and clapping my hands.

Ryan got out of the ring and people swarmed towards him, he ignored all of them and made a beeline straight to me. "Congratulations, I knew you could do it" I said with a wide smile when he was in front of me. He wrapped his arms around me, "thank you" he whispered into my ear. I was shocked at his actions for a moment, he had never done this before, my arms were still at my side but I slowly brought them up and losely wrapped them around him.

"What for?" I questioned, "for believing in me and being here" he said then let go. "Like I said I'm always going to be here as long as you'll want me" I said, "Let me get changed then we can get out of here" he said. I nodded and he turned walking to the locker rooms.

He didn't take long a few minutes after he went in he stepped out wearing some grey sweat pants and a black hoodie with his gym bag slung over his shoulder. "You ready to go?" I asked standing up, "yeah I gave the keys to Rufous he'll drive the car back to his house" he said as we began to walk to the exit.

"So when's  your next fight?" I asked, "well considering how well I did today, I'd say soon, I need as many fights I can get to boost my name" he explained. We got to my car and he threw his bag in the back before getting into the passenger side.

We drove in silence the first few minutes, "Bayliy there's something important that I need to ask you" he said. I glanced at him for a second before returning my eyes to the road, "what's up?" I asked.

"Well nothing has been finalised yet, but I already spoke to my friend, so I was wondering if I could move in with you?" He said. "Wow, that's a really big decision" I said, "but I won't mind" I continued. A toothy smile spread across his face, "I'll move in next weekend" he said. "What about your friend that you share the apartment with?" I asked, "His girlfriend is moving in and they are having a baby so they'll be fine" he shrugged.

"That's awsome" I said as we pulled into the parking lot in front of the building. We got out of the car and Ryan fetched Isa while I opened the door, Isa was already asleep and he carried her in and put her in bed. I took off her shoes and jacket then tucked her in.

"I'm gonna take a shower" he said walking to the bathroom with a towel, I changed into my pj's and then sat in the living room doing some homework while the TV was on. Ryan sighed as he walked into the room and sat down on the couch, I just finished up and closed my books before sitting next to him.

He flipped through the channels, "oh I forgot to give you something" he said before getting up and going into my room. A few seconds later he came back, "What?" I asked. He sat back down and handed me a thick white  envelope, "what's this?" I asked taking the envelope hastily.

I slowly opened it to see there was a stack of money inside, "I said I would help you out didn't I." I looked at him in shock, "where'd you get this?"

"People placed money on the fight and if I win I get the money, if I lose I still get some money but not as much" he explained, "I can't take this" I handed him back the envelope. "No that's for you, you can do whatever you need to with that money and besides I've already taken out my half" he said pushing it back to me.

"Thank you" I said hugging him, he chuckled wrapping his arms around me too. We watched a movie after that, I was snuggled to his chest and he hand an arm around my shoulder. It was halfway through the movie when my eyes started to droop, and before I knew it I was passed out.