Part 1

It was a long hot summer day. I was sweating like crazy while I helped my best friend move into her very first home. Brandi has been my best friend for a long time! I swear we’ve done almost everything together. We even lived together, up until now.

She finally met the man of her dreams. His name is Jeff Hardy. I know she had the biggest crush on him since he first got signed into the WWE. When she was finally chosen to be in the WWE, she finally had her chance to talk to him. I was very happy for her. I’ve been trying for years to get into the WWE, but I never had any luck.

Anyway, Brandi started supporting Jeff at all his matches, and eventually they became a thing. He started to get serious with her, taking her out on dates and whatnot. It was really cute. I was really happy for her, but I wish that it would’ve happened to me too.

I’ve always had my WWE crushes along with her. Brandi and I used to talk all the time about whom we were madly in love with, and who we wanted to marry. It was actually fun imagining myself with John Cena, or even Randy Orton. I even had a secret crush on Code Rhodes, but I would never let Brandi find that out. We went along with the shows and their storylines. We never liked anyone who was considered a “bad guy.” We made fun of each other all the time whenever we even hinted at a bad guy.

But Brandi was happy, which meant I was happy. She’s my best friend and I’ll always be there for her. I know she’s working on getting me in to the WWE, and I’m hoping now that she’s married to another WWE superstar, that it’ll give me a better chance at getting in. If Rosa Mendes can get in, then I for sure can. I’ve beaten her a few times in my past, and she knows it too.

It was taking forever to move their stuff into their new house. Jeff Hardy had a lot of stuff. It wasn’t like he had a lot because he had a lot of money; he had a lot of sentimental stuff from his past. It was tiring moving things from a van to a house over and over again. I don’t even think that I had a drink yet today. I should probably get on that.

I walked around the crowd of people, looking for my friend. I’ve even asked a couple people that I’ve never seen before…must’ve been some of Jeff’s friends or family. I saw Matt a couple times helping out his brother. There were also a lot of other WWE superstars there as well. It was weird. It’s like, I knew all of them, but they didn’t know me. At times I forget that I’m still a nobody amongst these people.

I still wandered around. There were people here and there carrying boxes. I walked in and out of the house, still asking people where Brandi was. I didn’t even see Jeff anywhere! It’s not like they pawned off their moving in on all of us people, that would suck, and I know my friend would never do that since she knew I was helping out.

Finally I saw her standing near a crowd of superstars. I walked over to her quickly, before I lost her in the crowd again. Seriously, how many people were there here? “Brandi!” I walked even faster. She turned around and saw me walking towards her. She turned back to the group of people and motioned at me. They all somewhat turned at me; what was she telling them. I slowed down a little bit as I approached the group. I stood next to my best friend and she hugged me.

“This right here is Jessie. She’s been my best friend since forever ago!” Brandi was smiling like crazy at all of these…WWE superstars surrounding her. I looked around at all of them, trying not to make my smile awkward. But too late…. I spotted John Cena among the group, and my eyes were glued to him. I couldn’t believe that he was here in the same place as me!

“Um hi,” I managed to get out. I looked away from him and looked back at Brandi.

“Jessie came all the way from Georgia to help me move in. Isn’t she the greatest friend ever?!” Brandi was having a blast gloating about me. It was nice! She was actually bragging about me, to a group of famous WWE superstars. I don’t think there’s any feeling that could be better than this!

“Brandi, can I talk to you?” I was trying to keep a smile on my face as the rest of the group looked upon us. I didn’t notice it before, but Jeff was standing on the other side of Brandi, a couple people away from John Cena.

Brandi and I walked across her large new lawn over to where the vans were. We walked down the street quite a ways until we were standing in front of the next house. I wasn’t quite sure with what I wanted to say to her at the moment. “Brandi,” I paused. I really had no idea where I was going. “Why in the world wouldn’t you tell me that there are other superstars here?” I was smiling at her. I really was surprised though. When she called me long distance, she only asked if I’d be willing to come help her move in to her new house.

“Jess, if I would’ve told you that, you would’ve freaked and not showed up.” Brandi was right. I did have a tendency to overreact about the smallest things. “Besides, now you’re going to be meeting John Cena tonight. You’re still going to get some drinks tonight right?”

“WHAT?” It took me a moment to realize what she just said. “Are we seriously going out for drinks tonight with John Cena?”

“Jess please calm down! I want you to finally get to meet the man of your dreams! Please tell me you’re not going to back down!”

I wanted to say I would’ve, but I couldn’t turn down my best friend. It’s been forever since I’ve gotten to see her, and I really did miss hanging out with her. It would be another long time before I ever get to see her again, and there’s no way I’m going to miss meeting the man of my dreams! I just had to meet him! I just had to talk to him! And I was going to. I was going to make sure of it! “Brandi, you know that I would never skip out on you. Plus, when am I ever going to get another chance to hang out with my best friend?”

She hugged me tight! “You have no idea how much this means to me! Plus, Cena’s been talking about how he wants to meet you!” She smiled as she grabbed me by the arm and pulled me back towards her house. I could tell that this was going to be a good night!