Part 16

We both had bruises on our faces, on our arms, on our stomachs, on our legs…we had them everywhere. We couldn’t remember how long they had beat us after what we had done, but it was a while.

“Brandi,” I said quietly, “how did you find me?”

She had a faint smile on her face. “John.”

I couldn’t believe it. He was out there trying to find me. “Who else were you with?”

A tear rolled down her face. “Jeff was with me when we entered this building. He left me alone so he could check out the upper level of this place.” She took a deep breath. “John was with Randy Orton, and then Batista was out there with Mickie James. We had all split up into two’s and we decided to go out searching.”

I took a deep breath.

“That asshole upstairs caught me off guard and tried to throw me outside, and that’s when I fought back. After a few minutes of kicking him and managing to get him on the ground, that’s when I heard you scream. I knew it was you. I just had to make sure.”

I could see the hurt in her eyes. I know she was mainly worried about Jeff, and about whether or not the two of us would get out of here alive to see anyone ever again. “Brandi, I’m sorry for getting you mixed up in this. You know I would never mean to do this to anyone.”

“I know it’s not your fault. John’s about ready to shove a pipe up Cody’s ass…John knows everything that’s been going on.” She looked at me heavily. “Why didn’t you listen to him?”

My heart stopped beating, and I could feel tears starting to roll down my cheeks. “I really don’t know. To be honest, I really thought that Cody was someone completely different. It was like he had this spell over me.”

She looked down. “I know that feeling. You remember Austin right?”

I nodded, who could forget.

Years ago, Brandi had a “thing” with this kid named Austin. Austin was a complete butt. He treated everyone like crap. He was a very arrogant, selfish person. Every time that I’d ever talked to her about him, I would constantly tell her how he’s no good for her. I told her over and over again that he wasn’t worth her time. It was almost as if he had some kind of control over her, because she kept going back to him. She’d admitted it over and over again how much of a fool she was for doing it, but now after what’s happened with Cody, I can officially say that I understand that kind of relationship.

“Cody just had this…energy that just controlled me. After what happened at my apartment, I should have never trusted him, but deep inside me I just wanted to get to know him more and more with everything he did to me.” I sobbed. We were both sitting on the dirty filthy mattress. “This is it though, I know it is. This time I have the scars to convince myself.”

We sat there in the dark cold cell in silence, and for once, it was peaceful.

***Jeff’s perspective***

I’m still trying to figure out what that crashing sound was. I know those assholes had something do with Brandi. I know they did, but no one is talking. I’m so enraged right now I can’t even think straight.

I met up with everyone back at the station just outside of town.

“Jeff, where’s Brandi?” I could hear John over my shoulder as I had my head down on the window of the limo.

I turned around. His expression instantly changed when he saw the anger on my face. He walked straight up to me.

“We’re going to kill them. I don’t care what it takes, we’re going to find them.” I nodded at his words. What else could I do?

***John’s Perspective***

We needed a new plan. Not only was Jess still missing, Brandi’s been kidnapped as well. We had our insight now as to what building they were in. The building Brandi and Jeff had been looking at was where they were. We needed a plan, and I feel like I had a pretty good one; we just needed some backup.

***My Perspective***

I was finally able to start seeing in the pitch blackness of this basement. We were so miserable. Brandi was napping on the dirty mattress. I was sitting against the wall near the corner that I made my sanctuary.

A blinding flash filled the room. I shielded my eyes and I heard multiple footsteps coming down the stairs.

I crawled over to the mattress and I woke up Brandi from her nap. “Brandi, they’re coming,” I whispered. She instantly bolted up and crawled with me over to the furthest wall. An even brighter flash filled the room as the overhead light turned on.

Abram opened up the gate to the cell. He casually walked in and stood off to the side. Alexander followed him in. The final person to walk in…was Cody.

Cody stared at the two of us. “What the hell happened here?” A smile slowly crossed his face, but then it quickly faded. He turned towards Alexander, expecting an answer.

Alexander walked over to us. Brandi and I were holding onto each other. He grabbed Brandi by the hair, lifting her up and away from me. “This one here, was with her boy toy upstairs. She attacked me.” He threw her back down at the wall, then he grabbed me by the hair. “And this one here….” His voice trailed off into a laugh. “Well she tried to get out while the other one was upstairs. She drew attention to herself. The other one found her, so we threw them both back down here.” He threw me back at the wall as well.

Alexander walked back over to where Abram was and stood patiently.

Cody walked over to us and crouched down in front of us. “Ladies, I don’t know how to get this across your minds any more clearly.” He cleared his throat. “These men here,” he pointed at Abram and Alexander, “are in charge of you. You do what they say, and there won’t be a problem. But if you go against what they say, then there’s going to be multiple problems.”

Every word he spoke filled me with anger. I spit at his face and it took him by surprised. He fell back on his butt. I could see the anger starting to fill up his face.

There are many things that I shouldn’t do, and shouldn’t have done, around these men, but I can’t just sit here anymore and let them have their way. I need to get me and my best friend out of this place.

Cody stood back up and towered over me. I could feel my nerves kicking back in, and I started shaking. Suddenly a large hand struck me from out of nowhere. My face hit the steel bars of the cell near the corner of the wall. I could feel the warmth of my blood oozing from a gash in my face.

He grabbed my chin and made me look back up at him. Tears were pooling in my eyes. “This is why you listen to us Beautiful, because we don’t want to hurt you; especially since you have such a pretty face.” He looked from me to Brandi and seduced us with his eyes.

The only thought that crossed my mind, was that if they didn’t want to hurt us, that they should’ve let us go…but that was a wish that was way far out of reach.